Seeking the best LED lights for the kitchen ceiling? You’re on the right page.
Choose a good one is not that frustrating task as long as you know what to look at. In this post, we’ll walk you through the top-rated options out there, a brief buying guide, the best brands to count on, and some FAQs.
Without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Here are the best led lights for kitchen ceiling you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light
- Motion-Activated: Yurnero Motion Sensor Ceiling Light
- Ultra-Bright: AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights
- Best Overall: SYLVANIA General Lighting
- Vintage Style: Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light
- Best For The Retro Atmosphere: TeHenoo Industrial Ceiling Light
|Top 6 Best Led Lights For Kitchen Ceiling|
|Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light||Read Our Review|
|Yurnero Motion Sensor Ceiling Light||Read Our Review|
|AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights||Read Our Review|
|SYLVANIA General Lighting||Read Our Review|
|Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light||Read Our Review|
Best For The Retro Atmosphere
|TeHenoo Industrial Ceiling Light||Read Our Review|
Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
Best Overall: Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light
- Ultra-bright yet gentle to not hurt the eyes – deliver 1650L of brightness & equipped with a milk-white plastic cover
- Safe to use – meet ROHS, CE, EMC, and LVD certifications
- Bang for bucks – include the light sources
- A bit struggling to install for Americans
Priced under $70 including the light source, the Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light is a great deal for people who are looking for new ceiling LED lights for small kitchens.
It is constructed from 120 built-in LED chips to deliver up to 1650 lumens of brightness. Combining with a milk-white plastic housing and anti-glare lampshade, the light fixture is decently bright but gentle to not hurt your eyes.
It has also passed ROHS, CE, EMC, and LVD certifications to nationally recognized standards for safety.
|Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light Specifications|
5000K (Cold white)
9.4 x 9.4 x 1.9 inches
Milk-white plastic housing
High-quality plastic material light cover
Built-in 120-piece LED chips
Low in price yet high quality, energy-efficient, and safe, the Airand 5000K LED Ceiling Light earns our Best Overall Award.
Motion-Activated: Yurnero Motion Sensor Ceiling Light
- Auto turn on/shut off the light in the darkness – motion sensor
- Flexible and controllable – two modes
- Easy to install
- Not waterproof
- A bit frustrating for families with pets
This motion sensor light is so much better than those seen-on-TV models.
It is integrated with a PIR infrared motion detector which turns on when detecting any motion within 18 feet of diameter under darkness and auto-shutoff after 20 seconds detecting no motion. This brilliant sensor is powered by four D-cell alkaline batteries that can last up to half a year.
Unlike the Airand 5000K, this one is simple to install, even if you’re a low-tech person.
For those who want to shut off/turn on the photocell sensor, just find the On/Off switch nearby the motion sensor. Overall, this is a very flexible and convenient kitchen ceiling LED light.
|Yurnero Motion Sensor Ceiling Light Specifications|
6000 K cool white
7.2 *7.2 *1.81 inches
Motion Sensor Light
Easy to Install & Wide Application
Two Modes Available
If you or any other members in the house usually forget to turn off the light switch, which results in it has been on all day, the Yurnero Motion Sensor Ceiling Light is a perfect alternative.
Ultra-Bright: AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights
- Ultra-bright – provide 6600 lumens
- Long-lasting durability – up to 50.000 hours of operation with no maintenance
- Safe and reliable – ETL certificated
- Wish the metal frames were heavier
- The plastic globe could be sturdier
Providing 6600 lumens at neutral white color temperature, the AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights are insanely bright to perfectly alternate less-efficient fluorescent bulbs.
Regardless of the phenomenal performance, it gives you 50,000 hours of operation with maintenance-free and helps save up to 70% of your electricity bill. The fixture itself is unobtrusive and perfectly blends with the ceiling.
The ease of installation is a big bonus. It requires no more than 10 minutes to have the light hung on the ceiling.
According to the brightness, we’d like to recommend it for larger kitchens.
|AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights Specifications|
4000K Neutral White
48 x 9.3 x 3 inches
Provides 50,000 hrs of maintenance-free operation
For extra brightness to cook more easily, the upgrade to the AntLux 4FT LED Flush Mount Puff Lights is worth the extra cost.
Semi-Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
Best Overall: SYLVANIA General Lighting
- Classic and vintage look
- Perfect for small kitchens – 800 lumens of brightness
- Highly valuable – include a light source & priced under $50
- No complaints
We love SYLVANIA General Lighting.
It is straightforward to install and looks much classier than its actual pricing; moreover, there includes a clear A19 Filament bulb, which bangs for bucks.
Unlike our initial thought, this light fixture does give off the abundance of light and delivers a nice upgrade look to any kitchen. Its cover throws off a nice lighting pattern on the ceiling, making it feel authentic to the era.
With 800 lumens of brightness output, this would be a nice option for small kitchens.
|SYLVANIA General Lighting Specifications|
5 x 9 x 8.5 inches
If you’re researching for the best overall semi-flush mount kitchen ceiling LED light for small areas, take this.
Vintage Style: Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light
- High-quality and sturdy – using high-grade metal
- Deliver superior brightness to other LED lights at the same wattage – there is no glass in it
- Easy to install – clear instructions and everything included in the package
- No on/off switch
- Not include bulbs
Some homeowners are a big fan of simplicity and prefer small LED lights with vintage-looking for their kitchen. In this case, we proudly suggest you try the Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light.
It is beautiful and gorgeous, especially when pairing with Edison period lamps.
We really like the real light pattern left on the ceiling. The metal is extreme and sturdy, and the LED is way brighter as there is no glass in it – all are just the wire with an exposed bulb.
A big plus is they come up with all the grounding wire, connections, and parts for easy installation. Besides, there are instructions to follow, or you can learn from some YouTube tutorial videos.
|Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light Specifications|
10.5 x 6 x 5.6 inches
High-quality metal Cage ceiling light fixture
Reach 4.7in in diameter
The vintage-styled Licperron Semi-Flush Mount Ceiling Light is a perfect selection for people who want to spice up their kitchen space and not spend a crazy amount.
Best For The Retro Atmosphere: TeHenoo Industrial Ceiling Light
- High versatility – compatibility with halogen, LED, CFL, and incandescent lights
- Easy to install – minimal construction
- Nice retro and romantic looking
- Not include bulbs
Adding a retro, romantic looking to your kitchen with this TeHenoo Industrial Ceiling Light.
This ceiling-mounted light fixture is specifically designed to run on the standard USA sockets for extra convenience. It is compatible with most types of lighting, such as halogens, CFL, LED, and incandescent bulbs with 60W max.
Aside from the kitchen, it can work on other living spaces, like bedroom, dining room, kids room, and closet.
Last but not least, it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|TeHenoo Industrial Ceiling Light Specifications|
8.7 x 8.7 x 7.1 inches
Compatible with incandescent, LED, CFL and halogen bulbs with E26 sockets
For those who are in need of a versatile semi-flush, mount kitchen ceiling LED lights with retro and romantic looking, look no further.
How To Choose The Best Led Lights For Kitchen Ceiling?
- Many people start their mornings or finish the day in the kitchen when the natural light is not bright enough. That’s why you should provide it with a good amount of brightness.
- Lumens is the official measuring unit of the light brightness, used for calculating the total quantity of visible delivered by a light source per time unit. As a basic rule of thumb, a 100W incandescent bulb (or a 10W LED) emits 1500L to 1700L.
- To determine the needed lumens, multiply your room foot-candle requirement and your kitchen area.
- Therein, the kitchen area is measured by multiplying its width and length together.
- The connection between the required amount of foot-candle and room area is 70-80 feet candle for a standard kitchen sink or stove and 30-40 for kitchen general.
- For example, a 100-square foot kitchen general requires a total number of 3000-4000 lumens.
- This feature depends on your purpose of use.
- If you want to mount it above a dining table, choose a light fixture featuring warm color temp to provide just enough brightness while you eat without hurting the eyes. A dimmable function will come in handy for those romantic night dinners of couples or husband and wife.
- To make you alert and awake while cooking, choose a LED ceiling light that emits blue light (5000K of color temperature).
- In general, 2700K to 5000K is a good go-to range when it comes to the color temperatures for LED kitchen ceiling lights.
- While LED lights are known for their superior longevity to other types of lights, this feature is varied among different models and brands.
- From our testing, the common ranges of LED lights’ longevity are within 50,000 hours to 100,000 hours, which is nearly 25-50 times longer than halogens and 50 to 100 times longer than a typical incandescent.
- If you use it averagely 12 hours/day, a LED light can last 11-22 years. Used 8 hours/day, it lasts 17-25 years.
Which Brands Make The Best Led Lights For Kitchen Ceiling?
- This brand is quite popular in homeowner communities because they provide decent motion-activated LED lights. Their products are also known for top-notch quality and performance.
- Established in 2009, Antlux is an experienced, well-known company specializing in lamp lighting production and providing overall lighting solutions. Moreover, their products are all backed by a 5-year warranty.
- This 1993-founded American lighting manufacturer that provides lighting solutions for city applications, home use, smart building, medical, entertainment, and industrial.
How many lumens do I need for a kitchen light? How many lumens do I need?
How bright are 4500 lumens?
Equivalent to the brightness output of 10 45W bulbs.
How many lumens are considered bright?
This feature depends on the room size. You should determine the total square feet of your kitchen to find out the needed lumens to be considered bright. As a basic rule of thumb, every 100 lumens is equivalent to a 20W bulb.
Are 1600 lumens too bright?
It’s bright enough for an 80-square-foot area.
Choosing the best LED lights for the kitchen ceiling is quite a task in today’s massively expanded market, but we have streamlined the process to make your decision easier.
That’s all for this article.