Dogs have a lot of energy that needs to be released during the day.
If you have a dog, you must have experienced headache times when your furry friend chews your shoes, your sofa, and other items around your house.
This is why you need dog toys and you even need the most durable dog toy that can withstand their jaws in a long time, otherwise, you will need to buy new toys constantly. And this post will help you find the perfect toy for your pet.
Here are the most durable dog toys you can buy in 2022:
- Best For Night-Time Fetch (Ball): Chuckit! Max Glow Ball
- Best For Small Dogs (Ball): Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope Ball Dog Toy
- Best For Day Time Fetching (Ball): Chew King Supreme Fetch Balls
- Best For Medium-Sized Dogs (Rope Toy): Tumbo Tough Tug Rope Dog Toy
- Best For Puppies (Rope Toy): Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy
- Best For Large Dogs (Rope Toy): BK PRODUCTS LLC Dog Toys
- Best For Aggressive Chewers (Chew Toy): VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys
- Easy To Clean (Chew Toy): GUCHO Durable Dog Chew Toys
- Best For Teeth Cleaning (Chew Toy): KOL Dog Plush Toys
|9 Most Durable Dog Toys|
Best For Night-Time Fetch
|Chuckit! Max Glow Ball|
Best For Small Dogs
|Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope Ball Dog Toy|
Best For Day Time Fetching
|Chew King Supreme Fetch Balls|
Best For Medium-Sized Dogs
|Tumbo Tough Tug Rope Dog Toy|
Best For Puppies
|Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy|
Best For Large Dogs
|BK PRODUCTS LLC Dog Toys|
Best For Aggressive Chewers
|VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys|
Easy To Clean
|GUCHO Durable Dog Chew Toys|
Best For Teeth Cleaning
|KOL Dog Plush Toys|
Best For Night-Time Fetch (Ball): Chuckit! Max Glow Ball
- Perfect for night-time fetch – light-up ball design
- Easy to use – require charging only from 5 to 20 minutes & tennis ball launcher compatibility
- A breeze for dogs to catch and carry – grippy texture
- Compress easily with relatively little force
Do you frequently get home late? Are your canine friends active at night? If yes, then this ball might be the right choice for both of you to have a fun time together.
It lights up after 5 to 20 minutes of charging and is compatible with tennis ball launchers. The rubber material is extremely pet-safe, and its texture is grippy enough for a dog to catch and carry with ease.
On the other hand, it is a breeze to clean.
|Chuckit! Max Glow Ball Specifications|
5.12 x 3.94 x 2.95 inches
light-up ball design
require charging only from 5 to 20 minutes & tennis ball launcher compatibility
The Chuckit! Max Glow Ball can light up and look attractive at night after a couple of minutes of charging. It’s a perfect choice for night-time fetching!
Best For Small Dogs (Ball): Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope Ball Dog Toy
- Recommended for small dogs under 20 pounds – the diameter of 4.5 inches
- Decent durability, pet safety, and anti-deflating properties – made of JollyFlex material
- Able to be launched, carried, thrown, and tugged – a rope
- Not for heavy chewers
- Wish the rope was stronger
This USA-made ball is our recommendation for small dogs under 20 pounds, according to its modest diameter of 4.5 inches.
It is made of the brand’s signature JollyFlex – known for unrivaled durability, safety, and deflating-resistance even if punctured. Besides, this material floats.
Another highlight is a rope for you to play tug of war with your dogs.
|Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope Ball Dog Toy Specifications|
4.5 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches
signature JollyFlex material
the diameter of 4.5 inches
made of JollyFlex material
a strong rope
With the measurement of 4.5” diameter, the Jolly Pets Romp-n-Roll Rope Ball Dog Toy is suitable for small dogs
Best For Day Time Fetching (Ball): Chew King Supreme Fetch Balls
- Handle heavy chewers well – strong, chew-resistant rubber material
- Suitable for the day-time fetching – high bouncy and catchy yellow color
- Compatible with large ball launchers – the measurement of 2.9 x 3 x 3 inches
- A bit pricey
- It’s heavy
Making this beautiful, eye-catching ball outstanding from others is its rubber material – 100% natural, very bouncy, and chew-resistant that can stay strong even if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
It is also perfect for day-time fetching.
Note that, according to the measurement of 2.9 x 3 x 3 inches, it is ideal for large ball launchers.
|Chew King Supreme Fetch Balls Specifications|
2.9 x 3 x 3 inches
the strong, chew-resistant rubber material
high bouncy and catchy yellow color
the measurement of 2.9 x 3 x 3 inches
Featuring eye-catching yellow color, the Chew King Supreme Fetch Balls are our recommendation for day-time fetching
Best For Medium-Sized Dogs (Rope Toy): Tumbo Tough Tug Rope Dog Toy
- Prevent you from stooping over while playing with your pets – feature 5’ long
- Provide large space for dogs to latch on – 5 huge knots
- Easy to grip – an ample handle
- Wish it was more durable
If you have a medium-sized dog and are looking for a rope toy to play with them, our suggestion is this one. It’s strong and long enough to save your back from stooping too low while playing tug of war with your pets.
We do appreciate its thoughtful design, with five huge knots for dogs to latch on as well as an ample handle for you to hold.
|Tumbo Tough Tug Rope Dog Toy Specifications|
11.4 x 5.7 x 2.1 inches
strong cotton rope
feature 5’ long
5 huge knots
an ample handle
According to its length and durability, we highly recommend the Tumbo Tough Tug Rope Dog Toy for medium-sized dogs
Best For Puppies (Rope Toy): Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy
- Help clean teeth, relieve pain for teething, and massage gums of puppies
- Long-lasting & durable
- Safe for pets
- No real complaint
Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy is an excellent solution to help your puppies with teething.
It is made of pet-friendly non-toxic material that will not irritate their gums while chewing. Don’t worry, it’s durable enough to last long under abuse.
Similar to the Tumbo, it has five large knots for you to easily grip or your pet to play with.
|Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy Specifications|
9.2 x 5.9 x 2 inches
tight, multicolored polyester-cotton ropes
To help puppies have a fun time playing while soothing their pain for teething, the Qingbei Dog Toys Dog Chew Toy is an excellent solution
Best For Large Dogs (Rope Toy): BK PRODUCTS LLC Dog Toys
- Suit larger dogs – the measurement of 12 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches & the weight of 1.68 pounds
- Reliable – packed in the USA and under the manufacturer’s guarantee
- Slightly expensive
- It does shred a bit
Compared to the two other rope toys, this one is bigger, longer, and stronger than we believe it will not be easily chewed by a bigger dog.
It is made of toxin-free cotton, 100% hand-built then packaged in the USA, and backed by the manufacturer. In other words, this is a great choice to help your big furry friends with teeth cleaning.
|BK PRODUCTS LLC Dog Toys Specifications|
12 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches
the measurement of 12 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches & the weight of 1.68 pounds
packed in the USA and under the manufacturer’s guarantee
Built to be stronger and longer, we find the BK PRODUCTS LLC Dog Toys a shining candidate for large dogs
Best For Aggressive Chewers (Chew Toy): VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys
- Attractive & encourage dogs to chew more – feature patented, built-in squeaker design + beef scent & flavor
- Quality assurance – made in the USA
- Handle aggressive chewing habits – made of ultra-strong rubber material
- A little large for small dogs
- The squeak is a bit too loud though
The VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys is proudly made in the USA, which ensures the quality.
Its rubber material is not only ultra-strong for chew resistance but also contains no toxin for safety to dogs’ health. The patented, built-in squeaker design, meanwhile, is fun to encourage your pets to chew more.
It also has a beef scent and flavors made completely of natural ingredients.
|VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys Specifications|
6.77 x 3.46 x 3.31 inches
feature patented, built-in squeaker design + beef scent & flavor
made in the USA
made of ultra-strong rubber material
Although there is no indestructible dog toy on Earth, VANFINE Dog Squeaky Toys are top-level, making it suitable for aggressive chewers.
Easy To Clean (Chew Toy): GUCHO Durable Dog Chew Toys
- Easy to clean – made of upgraded material
- Aggressive chewer approval - tested and approved by different large-sized power chewing dogs
- Softer than nylon toys yet stronger than other rubber types
- 100% pet-safe – contain no toxin, BPA, or phthalate
Keeping dog toys hygiene is one of the important things you should pay attention to. And if you want a low-maintenance one, try this.
Its material is upgraded to be softer than nylon toys yet stronger than other rubber kinds, plus easy to clean. You don’t have to worry about an increased risk of cancer on your dogs as this chew toy is ensured to be BPA and phthalate-free.
|GUCHO Durable Dog Chew Toys Specifications|
4.92 x 4.92 x 1.29 inches
made of upgraded material
contain no toxin, BPA, or phthalate
tested and approved by different large-sized power chewing dogs
Check out the GUCHO if you’re seeking a durable and easy-to-clean chew toy for your special furry friends
Best For Teeth Cleaning (Chew Toy): KOL Dog Plush Toys
- Easy to throw or fetch – lightweight
- Low-maintenance – waterproof material
- Help clean your dog teeth - bite-resistant knots & high-quality rubber
- The ears and tusks need improvement to be stronger
KOL Dog Plush Toys are an attractive toy for dogs that encourage them to play with it and chew more. Aside from giving your pets some fun while you’re away, it helps clean their teeth.
The material is waterproof, durable, and high-quality, which is good for pet health and low-maintenance.
Particularly, if your lazy dogs don’t prefer heavy toys, this lightweight one is a shining replacement.
|KOL Dog Plush Toys Specifications|
13.7 x 10.2 x 4.02 inches
6.74 Ounces of weight
waterproof rubber material
For teeth cleaning, we find no options else there to be better than the KOL Dog Plush Toys, especially at this price point
How To Choose The Most Durable Dog Toy?
Your Dog’s Age
The dog’s age is related to how strong their teeth and jaws are, based on which you can choose the appropriate firmness of the toy. Specifically, a 3-week old puppy has baby teeth, meaning he can only play with plush, soft rubber, or snugly fabrics.
Meanwhile, a dog from 3 to 9 months old is teething, so you should avoid hard rubber.
After the teething phase, your dog will have a jaw strong enough for chewing hard rubber and even rope pulls.
However, when your dog reaches the senior age (after 7 years), their teeth and jaws will become weaker, you should give them softer toys as well as easy-to-toss balls or sticks to encourage them to stay active.
Size & Texture
Apart from age, the toy must fit your dog’s size as well. The toy should be small enough to be held in the jaw and carried around safely.
However, the toy must not be too small or your dog may get choked if he accidentally swallows it.
In terms of the texture, this is associated with how soft or firm the toy should be. The reason is that, even among adult dogs, different breeds have varied levels of jaw strength.
A stronger dog like a German Shepherd tends to have a more powerful jaw than a Yorkshire Terrier, based on which you can choose the right texture.
Last but not least, you need to pick one or more types of toys that your dog likes. The market offers a range of options.
- Balls include plush balls, rubber balls, foam balls, tennis balls, squeaker balls, etc, bouncing differently. Some balls even glow in the dark or float.
- Tug toys are not suitable for every dog, except for properly trained ones. They are typically made from leather, linen, rope, or fire hose and you need to replace them once they have been shredded.
- Treats and chew-ables: dogs can chew anything, but these are more durable, made from hard rubber or nylon.
Which Brands Make The Most Durable Dog Toy?
Over the past 26 years, this brand has come up with innovative ways to make superior dog products. It promises durability and quality.
This brand stands out for thorough testing toys, which helps ensure safety for your furry friends.
Founded in the 70s, this brand is among the oldest ones in the industry. It has become a go-to place for a lot of consumers and is a reliable place to buy dog toys.
Is there an indestructible dog toy?
Yes, there is. There are countless toys out there but based on the material and texture of the toy, you can definitely find one that lasts for a long time.
Are all dog toys good for a heavy chewer?
While most toys are made for heavy chewers, not all can withstand a strong jaw. You need to find a suitable toy for your dog.
How can I make my dog’s toys durable?
The durability of a toy is determined by how it’s made, so there’s not much you can do. You can only help them last longer by limiting the duration you let your dog play with them.
Are hard chew toys bad for dogs?
This depends on your dog’s age, size, and particularly how strong their jaws are.
Why does my dog destroy every toy?
All dogs have a lot of energy they need to release by playing and adult dogs tend to have strong jaws. Therefore, if you give them soft toys, they will likely destroy them in a short time.
We hope that this post has given you an idea of what the most durable dog toy should be like. Remember that taking your dog’s age and size into account is very important when shopping for dog toys.
Also, interact with your dogs as much as you can or no toys can make up for the lonely time.