A doormat is an easy and affordable tool to get rid of paw prints on your floor. It prevents your dogs from bringing in the dirt. The doormat should be scratchy enough to trap dirt but soft enough to make your dog feel comfortable, moreover, it must be non-toxic.
Here are my top picks for the best doormat for dogs:
Here are the best doormats for dogs you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Sierra Concepts 2-Pack Striped Door Floor Mat
- Best For Entryways: Cosyearn Large Door Mats
- Best For Muddy Paws: Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat
- Best For Old Dogs: Gorilla Grip Original Durable Rubber Door Mat
- Best For Back Doors: Color&Geometry Indoor & Outdoor Doormat
- Best For Dry Weather: GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormats
|Top 6 Best Doormats For Dogs|
|Sierra Concepts 2-Pack Striped Door Floor Mat||Read Our Review|
Best For Entryways
|Cosyearn Large Door Mats||Read Our Review|
Best For Muddy Paws
|Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat||Read Our Review|
Best For Old Dogs
|Gorilla Grip Original Durable Rubber Door Mat||Read Our Review|
Best For Back Doors
|Color&Geometry Indoor & Outdoor Doormat||Read Our Review|
Best For Dry Weather
|GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormats||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Sierra Concepts 2-Pack Striped Door Floor Mat
- Pack of two, Indoor & Outdoor
- Heavy-duty & durable ribbed polyester
- Easy to clean & maintenance
- Not so soft for dogs
Sierra Concepts Striped Door Floor Mat is the best bang for the buck. It is an affordable combo of two mats, one for indoor use and another for outdoor use. Both two mats are completely flat, only 0.2 inches thick, so you don’t have to worry about a low door catching on the mats. Despite being flat, the mats are sturdy and durable.
Sierra Concepts Striped Door Floor Mat has an appealing color of steel grey/black combination, making it a great decoration. Moreover, the mats are made of eco-friendly materials, causing no harm to you and your dogs. They have rubber non-slip backings to keep them in place. The mats absorb water very well; plus, the backing prevents water leakage. This is a great choice for rainy and snowy days.
Sierra Concepts Striped Door Floor Mat is easy to clean, just shake off the debris and wash them with a water hose or sweep them with a broom. Their surfaces are designed for you to scrape shoes before entering the house, leaving dirt and debris outdoor. However, this is also a drawback since it seems not soft and comfortable for dogs.
|Sierra Concepts 2-Pack Striped Door Floor Mat Specifications|
30 x 17 x 0.2 inches
4.8 pounds (two mats)
Polyester & recycled rubber
Sierra Concepts Striped Door Floor Mat is a pack of two heavy-duty mats for rainy days.
Best For Entryways: Cosyearn Large Door Mats
- Large doormat, for indoor or outdoor use
- Easy to clean & maintenance
- Durable and tough
- Nothing to complain
Cosyearn Large Door Mat is not as good-looking as Sierra Concepts Striped Door Floor Mat. However, other qualities are equivalent, and Cosyearn Large Door Mat is way larger. Its large surface makes dogs feel comfortable. The mat can be used both indoors and outdoors, virtually anywhere, from front door, garage, garden to patio entryway, and porch door, suitable for any weather, winter, summer, rainy days. Being made of PVC makes this mat super tough and durable; it does not fade and dries quickly after rain.
Moreover, Cosyearn Large Door Mat is BPA-free and phthalate-free, safe for you and your puppies. The mat can be washed with warm water and soap. Besides, the rubber backing helps the mat stay firmly in place. Deep grooves and high-quality mesh on the surface help scrape dust from your shoes or muddy claws.
|Cosyearn Large Door Mats Specifications|
46 x 35 x 0.4 inches
Durable and tough
Cosyearn Large Door Mat is a large and tough doormat for dogs, especially for entryways.
Best For Muddy Paws: Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat
- Super soft and comfortable
- Looks cute with the the paw prints
- Can hold up 7x its weight in water & mud
- Dries 5x more quickly
- Can be put in a washing machine
- Dogs can pee on it
Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat looks cute with the large paw prints. It features microfiber technology, finished with Repelz-it nanotechnology, for greater absorbency and preventing dirt, mud, oil from sticking to the fabrics at the same time. The mat also traps odors and pathogens inside for a healthier environment for you and your dogs. It picks up dirt, mud, and moisture and holds its in the cloth, does not let the water go through on the other side, keeping your floor clean.
Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat is like a cushion with super softness and comfort. It will be a perfect resting spot for dogs. Besides entryways, you can place the mat over the car seat or pet crate.
It holds up 7x its weight in water & mud; dries 5x more quickly than other mats, can be put in a washing machine. However, since the mat is kind of too comfortable, dogs may pee on it and the urine is hard to wash.
|Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Doormat Specifications|
35 x 26 x 1 inches
Soft and comfortable
Holds 7x its weight in water & mud
Dries 5x faster
Best For Old Dogs: Gorilla Grip Original Durable Rubber Door Mat
- 100% natural rubber
- Durable and heavy-duty, yet soft and comfortable
- Super flat for low clearance
- Comes in different colors & patterns
- 10-Year Unconditional Warranty
- The rubber smell is not so pleasant at first
Three doormats are above are made of synthetic materials, Gorilla Grip Original is made of 100% natural rubber for higher quality and environmental protection. Natural rubber is heavy-duty and super durable. In fact, Gorilla Grip Original comes with a 10-year unconditional warranty. You can buy it with total confidence.
Gorilla Grip Original is super slim, only 1/4" thick, ideal for low-clearing doors. Despite super thin, the mat is soft and comfortable enough for your pets. It absorbs moisture, mud, & dirt well, and can be easily washed with water and soap.
Gorilla Grip Original comes in many colors and patterns, some are very adorable. However, the strong rubber smell is not so pleasant when first put down. Don’t worry, the smell will be gone after a couple of days.
|Gorilla Grip Original Durable Rubber Door Mat Specifications|
17.7 x 3.4 x 0.25 inches
100% natural rubber
10-Year Unconditional Warranty
Gorilla Grip Original is made of 100% natural rubber for both durability and comfortability.
Best For Back Doors: Color&Geometry Indoor & Outdoor Doormat
- Sturdy yet soft and comfortable
- Polypropylene and Polyester fibers
- Zestful color & pattern
- Absobs moisture; Resists dirt & mud
- Can be put in a washing machine
- Better for indoor use
Color&Geometry Doormat is a perfect decoration for living rooms, at stairs, or anywhere in your house with zestful color & pattern. It is made of a combination of Polypropylene and Polyester fibers. While Polyester fibers give the mat the strength, Polypropylene fibers give the mat the softness; Color&Geometry Doormat is both durable and comfortable for pets.
The fibers are super absorbent that absorbs moisture from shoes, clothes, and paws. It resists dirt & mud to prevent its color from fading. You can easily clean the mat by putting it into a washing machine.
However, Color&Geometry Doormat has a light color; you’ll want to use the mat inside as it would get dirty soon enough when you use it outdoors.
|Color&Geometry Indoor & Outdoor Doormat Specifications|
12.4 x 12.4 x 2.4 inches
Polypropylene and Polyester fibers
Zestful collor & pattern
Sturdy yet soft
Color&Geometry Doormat with zestful color& pattern is great for indoor decoration.
Best For Dry Weather: GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormats
- Low-profile design; Tough and durable
- Raised texture traps debris and dirt
- Absorbs water & moisture
- Easy to clean
- Takes days to dry
GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormat is made of 100% natural rubber, which ensures non-toxic and long-lasting use. The surface with raised texture is rough and scratchy to trap all the dirt and mud outside your house. The mat has a low-profile design, which is ideal for low-clearance door.
GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormat absorbs water & moisture well but takes days to dry. So the mat is more suitable for dry weather than wet weather.
|GRIP MASTER Durable All-Natural Doormats Specifications|
18 x 3.8 x 0.25 inches
100% Natural rubber
GRIP MASTER Doormat is made of natural rubber for high-performance and long-lasting use.
How To Choose The Best Doormats For Dogs?
To choose the best doormat for dogs, you have to have some knowledge about materials that they usually use to produce mats first. Mats are usually made of natural materials or synthetic materials.
Natural materials: Silk, Cotton, or Natural rubber. You can be confident about its eco-friendliness and high quality. However, mats for entryways or doors are not usually made of silk or cotton because these materials are not durable and get dirty easily. Natural rubber is a common choice of material for doormats.
Synthetic materials: PVC (Polyvinylchloride), PET (Polyester), or Polypropylene are the most common choice. These materials are not as premium as natural materials; however, they are more affordable and durable. Among the three materials, Polyester and Polypropylene are more common since they are recyclable, versatile, and softer.
Other things you may want to put into account when choosing a doormat for dogs are: Its thickness (whether it fits under your doors); Its absorbency; Color & Pattern; Can the mat be put in a washing machine? Does it dry quickly?
Which Brands Make The Best Doormats For Dogs?
Sierra Living Concepts
- Sierra Living Concepts is a retail brand that sells household furniture, from beds, cabinets to tables and chairs. They are famous for their high-quality woodwork crafts. Although doormats are not their main product line, Sierra Living Concepts has some great doormats for dogs and pets. Its doormats are high-quality yet affordable. Moreover, Sierra Living Concepts has a commitment to the environment, so you can be confident that their doormats are 100% safe for you and your puppies.
D.GS Pet Products
- D.GS (Dog Gone Smart) Pet Products was established in 2006 by an animal behaviorist. So, they have a great understanding of your pets. D.GS Pet Products focuses on products that help pet parents raise their pets without stress.
- They are great at integrating new technologies into their products, such as Repelz-It technology, Moisture-wicking technology, Protective nanotechnology. D.GS Pet Products now marked its presence in over 40 countries. If you are finding an innovative solution for your dogs, D.GS Pet Products would be the brand for you.
- Gorilla Grip is a sub-brand of Hills Point Industries Company, among other sub-brands, some of which you may know, such as Kangaroo, Sofa Shield, Connecticut Home Company, or Mighty Monkey.
- Gorilla Grip focuses on household products with premium quality yet affordable prices. Their customer service is among the best in the field. For doormats, they offer a 10-year unconditional warranty program. You are assured of durable and heavy-duty mats!
Should you wash your dog's paws after a walk?
If you don’t want muddy paw prints on your floor, you can wash your dog’s paws with a soft cloth and water.
How do I stop my muddy paw prints?
Placing moisture-absorbing mats under the door is an easy solution. When your dog crosses the mat to go inside, the mat traps dirt and mud outside.
Are coir door mats good?
Coir is one of the best materials for a doormat. It is thick and scratchy to capture the dirt and mud outside. Coir is also a natural material, so it is 100% eco-friendly. However, when exposed to direct sunlight for a while, coir mats may fade and shed. And your dog may not like its rugged texture.
What do you put on a muddy yard?
You can plant grass to cover the yard. While you are waiting for the grass seeds to grow, you can cover it with straw.
How do I stop my dog from bringing in dirt?
You can put a moisture-absorbing mat under the door (if you want, you can put one inside and another outside). When dogs walk on this mat to enter the house, the mat captures dust and mud outsides.
Being able to trap dirt and debris; Absorbing moisture well; Comfortability; Being made of eco-friendly materials are important features of a doormat for dogs. Hope that my review can help you find the best doormat for your dogs.