Seeking the most energy-efficient ceiling fan can be maddening – is this cool enough for my space? Does it fit my room ceiling? How much power does this consume?
But really, once you have good information and know what to do, it’s not impossible. In this article, we’ll help you find out the right one to your space at the most energy efficiency rating.
Here are the most energy efficient ceiling fans you can buy in 2022:
- Best Overall: Energy Efficient 52 Inch
- Best For Medium Rooms: Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195
- Best For Larger Rooms: Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237
- Best Overall: Hunter Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan 59264
- Best For A Larger Area: Prominence Home 50345-01
- Best For Patios: reiga 52-in Ceiling Fan
|Top 6 Most Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans|
|Energy Efficient 52 Inch||Read Our Review|
Best For Medium Rooms
|Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195||Read Our Review|
Best For Larger Rooms
|Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237||Read Our Review|
|Hunter Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan 59264||Read Our Review|
Best For A Larger Area
|Prominence Home 50345-01||Read Our Review|
Best For Patios
|reiga 52-in Ceiling Fan||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Energy Efficient 52 Inch
- Versatile - The motor can be run in reverse
- Multifunctional & convenient – include an integrated light kit
- Highly adaptable - Equipped with 2 mounting position choices: for standard, or flush mounted
- Unclear instructions
A legend in its category, the Energy Efficient 52” wins our Best Overall Editor’s Choice Award due to the key criteria it delivers that you should expect of any outperformed ceiling fan.
It moves plenty of air, includes an integrated light kit, features a reverse motor to aid operation in the winter for warm air, and comes with decent hardware. We’re also pleased with how quiet it is when running.
The fact that it’s made by a well-known ceiling fan manufacturer – Brightwatts – with over 37 years’ expertise in the industry even makes this unit worthier of a try.
|Energy Efficient 52 Inch Specifications|
400 sq. Feet
Speed Airflow (CFM)
Designed for large rooms up to 400 sq
Feet and equipped with installer's choice position mounting system for standard, or flush mounted
Tested on its operation noise, air movement, hardware durability, and versatility, the general performance of this Energy Efficient 52” was totally impressed enough to give it our top award.
Best For Medium Rooms: Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195
- Full of control – provide remote control, light dimmer, & 3-speed settings
- Smart – feature 'Walk Away Light Delay' & 'Smart Sync' functions
- Huge airflow – three 54” blades & 5736 CFM of airflow
- Require bond hub to use the Alexa device & this hub is sold separately
The Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195 is a smart house appliance that you can voice control via the Alexa device.
But if you don’t prefer to use this function, no problems, just the fan itself is a masterpiece.
Aside from robust hardware, an integrated white glass bowl light kit, and quiet reversible motor, it highlights a remote control that will give you 3-speed settings. So, adjusting your fan has never been that easy.
Other smart functions are very impressive, such as the “walk away light delay”, “smart sync” for quick installation, and light dimmer.
|Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195 Specifications|
144 – 324 square feet
Metal / Glass / Wood Product
Speed Airflow (CFM)
3 speed - reversible motor
Can be run in the winter to aid in rotating warm air and cutting down on energy costs
Featuring three 54” blades with 5736 CFM of airflow, the Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50195 is a shining candidate for medium to large rooms.
Best For Larger Rooms: Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237
- Ultra-powerful – provide 485 square feet of coverage area
- Highly adaptable - Installer's Choice 3 position mounting system
- Wobble-free despite its powerful motor - Exclusive Hunter motor technology and hanging system
- Don’t have a remote control
- Light bulbs give off an odd color
- Putting the plastic o-rings on the blades is difficult
The Hunter 53237 is the most powerful ceiling fan in this category.
It can work in any 485-square-inch room and deliver 5049 CFM of airflow without making a noise. All thanks to the Installer's Choice 3 position mounting system and the Exclusive Hunter motor technology and hanging system.
It’s an excellent choice for office, or home, providing you with a reversible airflow function, three fan speeds, and the choice between installing it with or without its light fixture.
We have installed all 3 bulbs, they shine brightly and no problems at all. Very satisfied!
|Hunter Indoor Ceiling Fan 53237 Specifications|
485 square feet
Speed Airflow (CFM)
Designed for large rooms up to 485 square feet and equipped with Installer's Choice 3 position mounting system for standard
Powerful, ultra-quiet when operating, and highly adaptable, the Hunter 53237 is our proud suggestion for larger rooms.
Best Overall: Hunter Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan 59264
- Safe – achieve ETL Damp rating
- Economical - ENERGY STAR certificated
- Quiet - Whisper Wind motor
- Give a low amount of airflow
- No light kit included
This 3-blade ETL Damp-rated Hunter model is our best go-to outdoor ceiling fan for everything.
It is endorsed to effectively withstand most outdoor conditions and safely used in sunrooms, patios, and covered porches. With this, there’s nothing like a motor malfunction or dreaded blade droop.
A notable feature is this ceiling fan achieves ENERGY STAR certification, which means it ensures maximum performance without piling up your monthly bills.
It’s also whisper-quiet when running – a big bonus.
|Hunter Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan 59264 Specifications|
Speed Airflow (CFM)
ENERGY STAR certified motor
Meeting ETL Damp rating and ENERGY STAR certification, the Hunter 59264 is safe and energy-efficient enough to make it a great choice for outdoor use.
Best For A Larger Area: Prominence Home 50345-01
- Powerful & versatile – provide 5568 CFM of airflow, 3-speed settings, & size 52 inches
- Multifunctional – include a fully-integrated 800lm LED light fixture with 200% beam angle
- Have a slight wobble
- Directions are hard to follow
This outdoor ceiling fan gives you the lowest price point and yet, delivers a decently powerful performance.
It’s more versatile than the Hunter 59264 above because, at the highest speed setting, the fan generates 5568 CFM of airflow while the total size is kept at the same – 52 inches. That means it can fit nicely most outdoor spaces, no matter they are large or narrow.
A nice addition is its fully-integrated LED light fixture. These bulbs are shining bright yet energy-efficient with a beam angle of 200% for extra coverage area.
|Prominence Home 50345-01 Specifications|
144 – 324 square inches
Speed Airflow (CFM)
5568 CFM of airflow
3-speed settings & size 52 inches
800lm LED light fixture with 200% beam angle
If you’re seeking a powerful ceiling fan for your large outdoor space and also want it to have an integrated lighting kit to chill at night, look no further.
Best For Patios: reiga 52-in Ceiling Fan
- Full of control – three light color adjustments, 3-speed settings, & 3 timing functions
- Ultra-convenient – a remote control
- Decently durable - ABS blades are moisture-proof & be deformed when soaking water
- Unclean instructions
- Wish the finishing was better in quality
This Reiga 52” ceiling fan is a no-regret upgrade for anyone who is ready for higher investment for their outdoor space.
While delivering the highest airflow of 5614CFM, its LED light fixture allows for color changing from warm white, cool white to full light, within 3000K to 8700K. It’s perfect a night chill outside with lover, friends, or family.
The most convenient thing is a remote control included in this package with multiple functions, such as setting the timer, choosing reverse feature, or governing speed. With it, you have no worries about feeling too cold at night.
|reiga 52-in Ceiling Fan Specifications|
599 square inches
Silicon Steel + Copper, with IRON Housing
Speed Airflow (CFM)
Airflow: 5614cfm. Energy Usage: LED color temperature will be changed to warm white (3000K0, cool white (5700K);
Featuring a classic look and powerful performance with full of control, the reiga 52” ceiling fan is an excellent addition to your patio both about aesthetics and functions.
How To Choose The Most Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans?
Room Size & Ceiling Fan Size
A too small or too big ceiling fan for space won’t properly circulate the air, leading to less efficient performance. Therefore, you should choose a fan that fits your space.
- Here is how to choose the right ceiling fan size:
- Step 1: Measure the length and width of your space then multiply them together. (Measuring unit is square inches.)
- Step 2: Consult the following sizing guide to pick the right size of your ceiling fan.
Ceiling fan size
29 – 36
75 – 144
36 – 42
145 - 225
42 - 52
225 - 350
52 - 60
- Step 3: Determine if your ceiling features enough support to handle the fan’s movement and weight
- Step 4: Think about your preference (how different sizes of ceiling fans you want to add in the space) and how you want to use it (for moving air around slightly or strongly).
- This factor is influenced mainly by the fan’s motor.
- In the market, there are two common energy-efficient options – the Energy Star rated and the DC Motor.
- The DC motor is a new addition to household ceiling fans. They are known to consume less than 70% of power compared to the typical ceiling fans while generating much more torque. This type of fan motor is also praised for its virtually silent operation.
- Energy-Star-rated fans, on the other hand, help save money and energy up to 20% only but they are a good choice for budget-minded people.
Which Brands Make The Most Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans?
- Established in 2007 and based in Florida, Brightwatts has now been one of the biggest global suppliers in the USA. They’re known for eco-friendly and innovative products to provide customers cleaner ways to bring convenience to their life.
- This publicly-traded conglomerate is the longest-standing brand here – founded in 1906 in the US – with over 110k employees. It is ranked 77th in the Fortune 500 in 2018.
- The founder of Hunter Fan Company – John Hunter- is the one who invented the first ceiling fan (merely 100 years ago) and has become the world’s most reliable expert around here.
Does ceiling fan use much electricity?
Most ceiling fans consume around 50W to 80W but if yours is ENERGY STAR certificated, it will be more economical, which means it cost you lesser.
How many blades are best on a ceiling fan?
There’s a basic rule of thumb – the more blades, the faster the spinning but yet the lesser the airflow generates. According to the 2011 study of Falahat, 4-blade ceiling fans deliver maximum airflow as long as they’re tilted between 45 to 55 degrees.
What size ceiling fan do I need?
This is important so we suggest you take a look at our buying guide written above for enough information.
Are Energy-Star ceiling fans worth it?
This certification means the ceiling fan is 20% more efficient than the standard models so you can increase your room’s temperature to 10 degrees.
How long should a garage ceiling fan last?
After all, there is a common “recipe” about the must-consider features to choose the most energy-efficient ceiling fan. So to help you find out your Mr. Right, we’ve listed and explained in detail everything needed.
That’s all for this article!