Having good bed sheets is just as important as having a good bed or good mattress because you will lie directly on the sheet when you sleep.
Apart from comfort, durability is an essential qualification of the bedsheet as it determines how long it will take until you have to buy new sheets. With that in mind, today, we will help you find the most durable bed sheets.
Here are the most durable bed sheets you can buy in 2021:
- Ultra-Soft: Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- Best For Sensitive Skin: Silk Satin Sheets, 3-Piece Twin Size Satin Bed Sheet Set
- Fade Resistant: MOONCAST 4 Pieces Full Bed Sheet
- Wrinkle Resistant: Newspin Bed Sheets Set
- Breathable: Sijo Premium Stone Washed 100% French Linen Bed Sheet Set
- Stain Resistant: Where The Polka Dots Roam Queen Size Bed Sheets
|6 Most Durable Bed Sheets|
|Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set|
Best For Sensitive Skin
|Silk Satin Sheets, 3-Piece Twin Size Satin Bed Sheet Set|
|MOONCAST 4 Pieces Full Bed Sheet|
|Newspin Bed Sheets Set|
|Sijo Premium Stone Washed 100% French Linen Bed Sheet Set|
|Where The Polka Dots Roam Queen Size Bed Sheets|
Ultra-Soft: Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- Softer than cotton or cashmere bed sheets – made of 100% viscose derived from bamboo
- High-quality – use the certified 144gsm bamboo fibers
- Offer decent eco-friendly, thermos-regulating, and hypoallergenic properties
- It is easy to get wrinkles
If you think that cotton or cashmere bed sheets are the softest, the Hotel Sheets is here to prove you wrong.
As the name implies, it is made of 100% viscose derived from bamboo (unlike other bamboo sheets that only have around 30% to 40% viscose or rayon), and it is the certified 144gsm bamboo fibers – the highest-grade out of six.
Thanks to that, it feels like silk and brings an even softer feeling touch than cotton or cashmere. The fabric is also known for its decent eco-friendly, thermos-regulating, and hypoallergenic properties.
For mattresses of 15” size, it is a perfect choice.
|Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set Specifications|
13.5 x 9.2 x 3.3 inches
made of 100% viscose derived from bamboo
use the certified 144gsm bamboo fibers
backed by a 90-day money-back warranty
Made completely of viscose derived from bamboo, no doubt that the Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set feels even softer than cotton and cashmere.
Best For Sensitive Skin: Silk Satin Sheets, 3-Piece Twin Size Satin Bed Sheet Set
- Help prevent facial and neck skin from wrinkles & hair from breakage – skin-friendly satin fabric
- Ensure quality, environmental, and safety standards – made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory
- Give an elegant 5-star hotel look to your bed
- A bit pricey
- It’s a bit too big
These bed sheets are made of 400 thread count satin in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory – a separate certification system for quality, environmental, and safety standard assurance.
About the fabric, there are two highlight points: hypoallergenic properties and sheen in the look that sets an elegant 5-star hotel look to any bed but the price is a lot cheaper than real mulberry silk sheets. It is also easy to care for, durable, and cool-to-touch to help you easily fall asleep.
The biggest selling point of satin fabric is it saves your facial and neck skin from wrinkles as well as your hair from breakage.
|Silk Satin Sheets, 3-Piece Twin Size Satin Bed Sheet Set Specifications|
17 x 12.2 x 1.4 inches
skin-friendly 400 thread count satin fabric
made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory
Silk Satin Sheets, 3-Piece Twin Size Satin Bed Sheet Set is very good at protecting your skin from wrinkles and sagging. It’s a perfect choice for sensitive skin
Fade Resistant: MOONCAST 4 Pieces Full Bed Sheet
- Resist wrinkles and fade - made of 90 GSM microfiber
- Skin-friendly - no crazy thread count nonsense or twisted threads
- No complaint
Our next pick is a 4-piece bed sheet set by MOONCAST.
They are all made of 90 GSM microfiber – a fabric known for wrinkle and fade resistance capabilities that will keep looking fresh all year round. Besides, it is extremely smooth, soft, and elegant.
If you have sensitive skin, you’ll appreciate that it comes with no crazy thread count nonsense or twisted threads.
The best part is this bed sheet doesn’t cost a fortune.
|MOONCAST 4 Pieces Full Bed Sheet Specifications|
11.3 x 9.69 x 4.53 inches
made of 90 GSM microfiber
no crazy thread count nonsense or twisted threads
Unlike low-end bed sheets, the MOONCAST 4 Pieces Full Bed Sheet doesn’t fade or discolor over time, even if machine washed. If that is also what you’re after, pick it
Wrinkle Resistant: Newspin Bed Sheets Set
- Resist wrinkles efficiently after washing – made of polyester
- Not easily torn & durable – thicker fabric and denser seams
- Anti-slip - four elastic bands sewn on the corners
- The pillowcase is a bit too small for a standard form rubber pillow
- Wish the straps lasted longer
The fourth option in our list is from Newspin.
After washing a bed sheet, one of the biggest problems is wrinkled but with this bed sheet set, it is a different story. It doesn’t shrink after washing.
Instead, the surface keeps smooth and tidy which requires no ironing. We also find it easier to make the bed every morning. An efficient time-saver!
Regardless, it feels thicker than other easily-torn sheets yet no compromise of air ventilating or weight. The seams are firmer and denser, on the other hand. What we really like is the four elastic bands sewn on the corners to keep the sheet stay in place.
|Newspin Bed Sheets Set Specifications|
11.57 x 10.24 x 3.03 inches
Polyester & Polyester Blend
made of polyester
thicker fabric and denser seams
four elastic bands sewn on the corners
Newspin Bed Sheets Set is made of wrinkle-free polyester, which means you will never waste time ironing or making the bed every morning
Breathable: Sijo Premium Stone Washed 100% French Linen Bed Sheet Set
- Breathable, durable, and chemical-free – made of French flax linen
- Dependable - Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified & featured in ‘Fast Company’, ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘Well+Good’, ‘Forbes’, etc.
- Require little to no ironing
If you’re a hot sleeper, try this linen bed sheet.
Linen is well-known for its superb breathability. But if compared the texture of this sheet to other similar counterparts, we find it to be a bit thicker, which means it feels more durable.
That is because Sijo uses French flax linen – a higher fabric density and yet still wonderfully soft to the touch. The whole manufacturing process is chemical or fabric softener free, which is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified.
The top-notch quality of Sijo Bed Sheets is also featured in ‘Fast Company’, ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘Well+Good’, ‘Forbes’, etc.
|Sijo Premium Stone Washed 100% French Linen Bed Sheet Set Specifications|
17 x 13 x 2.5 inches
made of French flax linen
Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified
featured in ‘Fast Company’, ‘Cosmopolitan’, ‘Well+Good’, ‘Forbes’, etc.
For true hot sleepers, we confidently suggest the Sijo Premium Stone Washed 100% French Linen Bed Sheet Set according to its extraordinary breathability.
Stain Resistant: Where The Polka Dots Roam Queen Size Bed Sheets
- Low-maintenance - wrinkle-free, and stain-resistant
- Help you feel cooler to sleep – made of tightly woven microfiber
- Look cute
- It slips and slides a bit
If you have kids, this bedsheet is a perfect choice as it’s made of tightly woven microfiber that not only gives soft-to-touch texture but also resists stains efficiently. It is also wrinkle-free to require little to no ironing.
In other words, this bedsheet is low-maintenance.
Microfiber fabrics are also known for delivering unparalleled temperature control and breathability that make you feel cool at night.
|Where The Polka Dots Roam Queen Size Bed Sheets Specifications|
11.02 x 9.45 x 4.33 inches
wrinkle-free, and stain-resistant
made of tightly woven microfiber
While white bed sheets look elegant on your bed, the color is prone to get the stain and hard to clean. But with the Where The Polka Dots Roam Queen Size Bed Sheets, they’re stain-resistant to look fresh over time.
How To Choose The Most Durable Bed Sheet?
The thread count is partly related to the quality of a bedsheet. For example, it’s ideal to find a bedsheet with 300 to 500-thread-count to achieve good softness and durability.
However, it’s been pointed out that the thread count is not everything and a number higher than 500 doesn’t mean the sheet is softer or stronger. Remember this when you shop for bed sheets.
The material is one of the major factors that determine the quality of a bedsheet, and you should always read the fiber content of a sheet when browsing options. There are several options available on the market for you.
- ELS cotton: Extra-Long Staple cotton is highly soft and durable, resulting in amazing bed sheets. But ELS cotton sheets cost a lot.
- Supima cotton: this material is 45% stronger compared with the standard cotton, making sheets lighter, softer, more breathable, and more durable.
- Tencel: this fabric is made from naturally-repelling-water small fibers, which delivers superior breathability and less shrinkage. It also results in durable bed sheets as well.
- Supima Tencel blend: as the combination of Supima and Tencel, this is the best material for making bedsheets. It’s best if you can find bed sheets made from 60% Supima and 40% Tencel.
Knowing the weave is also crucial when you are looking for the most durable bed sheets. In most cases, you have to choose between percent and sateen based on your own preference.
- Percale is a grid-like weave that delivers a light, crisp feel.
- Sateen, on the other hand, feels silky smooth.
Which Brands Make The Most Durable Bed Sheet?
The Hotel Sheet
Founded in 2000, this brand offers a wide range of sheets for consumers. Its products have been positively welcomed and received compliments from a lot of customers.
With the aim of making your home more than a place to live, this brand comes up with products that improve the life quality for everyone. One of the best things, though, is that you can buy great products at affordable prices.
Where The Polka Dots Roam
This brand focuses on delivering comfort and breathability through its products. Here, you will find bed sheets made from high-quality microfiber that are stain-resistant, wrinkle-resistant, and easy to wash.
What kind of sheets last the longest?
The durability of a sheet is mostly determined by the material it’s made from. Generally speaking, the Supima Tencel blend is the best material as it has the best properties of Tencel and Supima, including strength.
How long should good sheets last?
Good sheets can last for a very long time, up to twelve years.
Does higher thread count mean more durable sheets?
This is true, but not always. A 300-500 thread count is ideal for durability, but a thread count higher than that doesn’t necessarily mean more durable sheets.
How often should bed sheets be washed?
According to the Good Housekeeping Institute, bed sheets should be washed every two weeks.
How many sets of bed sheets should you own?
You should own at least three sets of bed sheets so ensure you can always have new sheets to use while washing a dirty one.
This is the end of our comprehensive guide on choosing the most durable bed sheets for your bedroom.
There are a lot of great options on the market, so in addition to the factors we listed here, you may also want to keep your budget in mind to make the best purchasing decision.