Finally, you realize that it’s time to swap out your old, unsanitary toilet seat for a new, decent one, don’t you? Congrats! You’ve been landing in the right place.
In this complete guide, we will walk you through the 6 most comfortable toilet seats. Without further ado, let’s dive right in!
Here are the most comfortable toilet seats you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: BATH ROYALE BR620-00
- Best For Families With Kids: TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Round Toilet Seat
- Most Affordable: Kohler K-4775-0
- Best Overall: MAYFAIR 1848SLOWB 000
- Best Heated Seat: Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat
- Best Smart Seat: BioBidet Supreme BB-1000
|Top 6 Most Comfortable Toilet Seats|
|BATH ROYALE BR620-00||Read Our Review|
Best For Families With Kids
|TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Round Toilet Seat||Read Our Review|
|Kohler K-4775-0||Read Our Review|
|MAYFAIR 1848SLOWB 000||Read Our Review|
Best Heated Seat
|Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat||Read Our Review|
Best Smart Seat
|BioBidet Supreme BB-1000||Read Our Review|
Round Toilet Seats
Best Overall: BATH ROYALE BR620-00
- Durable, easy to clean, and good retention of beauty – made of 100% pure polypropylene
- No seat slamming – slow-close mechanism
- Versatile – fit all toilet brands
- The instructions aren’t 100% intuitive
While most toilet seats (at this price range) we’ve tested tend to disintegrate into a disgusting cracked mess within a year, this option really stands out.
The material it is crafted from is 100% pure polypropylene that’s known for superb stain and chemical resistance, and non-absorbance properties. Therefore, it highlights longer-lasting durability.
This toilet seat, on the other hand, gives us comfort feel when sitting on and it’s very easy to clean with a quick wipe of a sponge/cloth so we assure you its beauty can be retained for years come, at least after 2 1/2.
The thing that we appreciate the most is its “slow-close” mechanism, which makes no more crashes from the seat slamming.
|BATH ROYALE BR620-00 Specifications|
16.5 x 14 x 2 inches
Made of 100% pure (not recycled) polypropylene (plastic)
At a mid-tier price range and for a high-quality, durable, and comfortable round toilet seat, we find nothing is better than the BATH ROYALE BR620-00.
Best For Families With Kids: TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Round Toilet Seat
- Provide extra security, safety, and comfort – toilet rings with embedded magnets
- Meticulously made and high-quality – made 100% of hand-sanded wood with painted finish
- Reliable – provide a 3-year warranty
- The locking nut concept doesn’t work well
- No instructions
If your house has kids and you share the toilet with them, we highly recommend using this product from TOPSEAT because of its toilet ring.
With this wonderful addition, it can convert from an adult toilet seat to a toddler seat like a breeze by just embedding the built-in magnets. And with these magnets, this seat isn’t shifted or pulled off unexpectedly to hence provide extra safety and security to your kids.
We appreciate TOPSEAT’s mindfulness when they even add some bumpers under this special seat to prevent kids’ fingers from being pinched.
When not in use, just flip this seat up into the lid compartment.
|TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Round Toilet Seat Specifications|
16.5 x 14.5 x 2.5 inches
Toilet ring and imbedded magnets
Toddler ring does not pull off
Designed thoughtfully to provide extra comfort and safety to kids, the TOPSEAT TinyHiney Potty Round Toilet Seat is undoubtedly the best choice for your child.
Most Affordable: Kohler K-4775-0
- Resist peeling, chipping, fading, and stains – made from solid polypropylene plastic
- Easy to clean - Quick Release(TM) hinges
- Install fast and securely - Quick Attach(TM) hardware
- Prone to get bent
For house renters, students who live in a dorm room, or budget-minded people, an affordable toilet seat seems to be a more reasonable option.
It is priced around 25$ and also the cheapest model here, even out there.
Though it’s impossible to expect for a top-notch performance from such low-price toilet seat, this isn’t a cheaply made product.
What you’ll receive is a well-engineered design with clean lines and a proper fit to complement various toilets. Its solid polypropylene is a big plus as it prevents peeling, chipping, fading, and stains pretty well.
Besides, it has Quick-Release hinges for simple cleanup and Quick-Attach hardware for quick setup.
|Kohler K-4775-0 Specifications|
16 5/8 inches x 14 3/16 inches x 3/4 inches
Solid polypropylene plastic
Solid polypropylene plastic
Quick Release(TM) hinges
Quick Attach(TM) hardware
In a nutshell, if your biggest concern is pricing and what you really need is just a basic toilet seat for temporary use, this is perfect.
Elongated Toilet Seats
Best Overall: MAYFAIR 1848SLOWB 000
- Reliable, high-quality, and durable – made in the USA with Earth-friendly materials and processes
- High versatility – fit nicely TOTO, American Standard, Kohler, and other toilets
- Easy to assemble and clean - STA-TITE Seat Fastening System
- Safe to use – the slow-close mechanism and a tap
- Small instructions
- Wish there were quick release hinges
If you’ve been looking for the best-elongated toilet seat without having to spend a fortune on it, we suggest trying the MAYFAIR 1848SLOWB 000.
It’s an USA-made product that can fit greatly all elongated toilet models, from TOTO, American Standards, to Kohler. Particularly, it is made entirely from Earth-friendly materials which are enameled wood and metal hardware.
Thanks to the added high-gloss finish, it resists scratching and chipping very well.
The STA-TITE Seat Fastening System, on the other hand, makes it extremely simple to assemble/disassemble if wanted. All can be done by just using a wrench.
Also, this system prevents wiggle or loose feeling. Combining with the tap and the slow-close mechanism, it’s extremely safe to use.
|MAYFAIR 1848SLOWB 000 Specifications|
18.7 x 14.1 x 2.1 inches
Seat closes slowly and quietly with a tap to eliminate pinched fingers
Made with Earth-friendly materials and processes
It’s hard to find a toilet seat that performs perfectly at all aspects, however, in a relative way about pricing, durability, safety, and ease of use, this model from MAYFAIR is unbeatable.
Best Heated Seat: Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat
- Provide pleasant warmth and welcoming feeling – four heat settings
- Give extra illumination at night – a cool blue nightlight
- No on/off switch
- Short power cord
The add-ons of this Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat will surely give your toilet space into a luxe feeling like you’re in a 5-star hotel.
We don’t brag it up! This toilet seat comes with a nice cool blue nightlight and especially, four-seat heat settings. These settings avoid the shock of cold feeling like when you sit on the traditional toilet seats, instead, it provides comfort and custom warmth, giving higher-level experience.
Besides, it gives you more color options to choose from to match your toilet interior and a slow-close mechanism to close the seat more gently.
|Brondell LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seat Specifications|
20” x 14.3” x 2.8”
Our seat heat settings
A cool blue nightlight
All-in-all, if you’re a delicate person who desires to upgrade experience during your trips to the ‘loo, this is a nice try.
Best Smart Seat: BioBidet Supreme BB-1000
- Extra convenience - pulsating message technology, slow-close lid, and an adjustable heated seat
- Energy-efficient – Energy Save Mode
- Improve hygiene – 3-in-1 nozzle
We particularly recommend the BioBidet Supreme BB-1000 for people with a loose budget and want to invest in a truly good performer.
Aside from its luxurious and modern look, it’s impressive for the smart design, such as a slow-close lid, adjustable water and heated seat, and streamlined comfort. The biggest selling point is the pulsating message technology with bubble infusion.
Its 3-in-1 nozzle is also notable because of its hygiene improvement as well as the posterior feminine and vortex wash.
Moreover, this toilet helps you save more toilet paper and energy thanks to the Energy Save Mode, which is superbly friendly for the environment.
|BioBidet Supreme BB-1000 Specifications|
20.83 x 15.61 x 6.00 inches
Pulsating message technology with bubble infusion
Energy Save Mode
3 IN 1 NOZZLE
If you are in need of the best smart toilet seat, look no further.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Toilet Seats?
Elongated or Round?
- These are two common shapes of toilet seats nowadays and they’re obviously different from each other in terms of comfort, shape, and size.
- In short, elongated toilet seats feature a long oval shape and commonly have a length of 18 inches while the round shape is around 16 inches.
- Round-shaped toilet seats are known for their compact design which is perfect for narrow toilet/bathroom space. They’re cheaper and more popular than the elongated, however, the biggest flaw is less comfort.
- Elongated models are the modern type, known for their superior comfort and support when sitting on, which is ideal for the elderly, people with back or butt issues, or simply want extra comfort.
- There are three main material options for toilet seats to choose from:
- Plastic – highlight its unbeatably low pricing, decent ease of cleaning, and smooth feeling. But it’s not as durable and long-lasting as other materials.
- Wood – this is an eco-friendly material and also renowned for its superb sturdiness. However, it’s hard and cold feeling in the winter, which might not be pleasant at all for some people who prefer a cozy, welcoming seat.
- Polypropylene – perfect for people who are living in a colder climate because this material is considered as an insulator, meaning that it’s warmer during the winter and comfier to use.
Which Brands Make The Most Comfortable Toilet Seats?
- This is a small family-owned business with over 30 years’ experience in manufacturing luxury bathroom accessories. Our most favorite thing this brand is the responsibility, which is clearly proved through the quality and warranty of their products.
- The world’s leading brand in designing and manufacturing toilet seats with over 200,000 square feet of warehousing, office space, and more across the globe. Their marketplaces are vast, including Italy, the UK, France, German, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Kohler has been the solid choice of countless customers around the world. Founded in 1873, it is the longest standing company that specializes in high-class sanitary ware products and proud to lead in the realm of innovation and craftsmanship.
What's better: wood or plastic toilet seat?
The biggest difference between them is weight. The plastic toilet seat is much more lightweight than the wood, which is ideal for people who prefer lighter options. If you’re much healthier, we suggest the wooden model.
Are soft toilet seats unsanitary?
Yes, they are.
As being utilized over an extensive amount of time, there appear some cracks in the vinyl covering, leading to unsanitary conditions.
What does top fixing mean on a toilet seat?
This features the fixing from the top and is where you can’t access the bolts from the underside.
Hard vs. soft toilet seat?
Soft toilet seats, despite the risks of becoming unsanitary, are more comfortable to sit on thanks to the added cushions. It relieves pressures and pains, which is better for the elderly or people suffering from medical conditions like hemorrhoids.
The hard toilet seat is cheaper, easier to clean, and more sterile than the soft model. In turn, it’s hard and cold, which is uncomfortable to use, especially during cold weather.
There are plenty of toilet seats out there that cover a wide range of how comfortable they are. Some require complicated maintenance while others are easier to take care of. Some are ultra-convenient while a few are very basic.
No matter if your budget, we hope our thorough testing has helped you find out the most comfortable toilet seat for your needs.