Working at an office usually means sitting for eight consecutive hours or more. While this is inevitable for most jobs, sitting in one place for too long can make you very uncomfortable and tired.
We have compiled a detailed guide to help you choose the most comfortable office chair for long hours.
Here are the most comfortable sleeper sofas you can buy in 2021:
- Easy To Assemble: DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa
- Best For Side Sleepers: Novogratz Brittany Sofa
- Breathable: Vonanda Ottoman Sleeper Sofa
- Best For Small Rooms: BOWERY HILL Steel Gray Linen Reversible/Sectional Sleeper Sofa
- Mid-Century Style: Knowlife Sectional Convertible Fution Sofa
- Best For Heavier People: GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa
|6 Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofas|
Easy To Assemble
|DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa|
Best For Side Sleepers
|Novogratz Brittany Sofa|
|Vonanda Ottoman Sleeper Sofa|
Best For Small Rooms
|BOWERY HILL Steel Gray Linen Reversible/Sectional Sleeper Sofa|
|Knowlife Sectional Convertible Fution Sofa|
Best For Heavier People
|GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa|
Easy To Assemble: DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa
- Easy to assemble – simple construction, easy-to-follow instructions, & include 2 Allen key wrenches
- Give a modern and stylish look – feature chrome metal legs & linen design
- Suitable various positions – the split-back build
- Wish the seam was stronger
Start off this list with the DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa.
If you’re living alone, a woman, a senior, or just a person not good at sofa-assembling, we believe this one is a nice choice. It comes with easy-to-follow instructions plus two Allen key wrenches while the product construction can’t be simpler.
We assure you that the whole process will take no longer than 20 minutes to finish, and you’ll definitely love the feel and look of this sofa.
The chrome metal legs combined with stylish and modern linen design make it a nice accent in any room décor scheme. But our most favorite part is its split-back construction allowing for various positions, from sleeping or lounging to sitting.
|DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa Specifications|
34 x 76.5 x 33 inches
simple construction, easy-to-follow instructions, & include 2 Allen key wrenches
feature chrome metal legs & linen design
the split-back build
DHP Emily Convertible Futon & Sofa is one of the most comfortable sleeper sofas on this list that’s also easy to assemble
Best For Side Sleepers: Novogratz Brittany Sofa
- Deliver great body curve alignment and weight distribution - memory foam cushion and separately encased coil
- Comfortable to sit on - ribbed tufted backrest, piping details, and wide track arms
- Perfect for two sleepers at once - Measured by 32.5
- A bit pricey
- The materials attract pet hair
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a comfortable sleeper sofa with better support, it’s hard to go wrong with Novogratz Brittany.
The great construction of this sofa, including memory foam cushion and separately encased coil, helps deliver excellent alignment to the user’s body curves, along with great body weight distribution.
It’s also comfortable to sit or lounge on, thanks to the ribbed tufted backrest, piping details, and wide track arms.
Measured by 32.5" W x 35.5" H x 72” to 87” L while the weight capacity is 500 pounds, it’s perfect for two sleepers at a time.
|Novogratz Brittany Sofa Specifications|
Mattress dimensions: 72"L x 57"W x 3"H
Bed dimensions: 87"L x 74.5"W x 35.5"H
Queen sofa dimensions: 74.5"L x 32.5"W x 35.5"H
memory foam cushion and separately encased coil
ribbed tufted backrest, piping details, and wide track arms
Designed with the comfort of side sleepers in mind, Novogratz Brittany Sofa brings home our Best Choice Award this year
Breathable: Vonanda Ottoman Sleeper Sofa
- Breathable, eco-friendly, and skin-friendly – made of high-end triple protection velvet material
- Easily converts into an Ottoman bed/ a chaise longue/ a sofa chair – foldable construction
- Reliable – backed by a 3-year promise & a 180-day free trial
- Strong and durable – the weight capacity of 600 pounds
- A little firm
While velvet is our favorite cover material when it comes to sleeper sofas because of its soft-to-touch texture and luxurious looking, some low-end kinds of velvet are really hot.
But with this model, it is a different story.
It is breathable, very skin-friendly, and safe for the environment. Besides, it offers triple protection, including antiseptic mildew resistance, water/oil resistance, and dust/dirt resistance.
One cool thing about this product is it requires no assembly. And the foldable construction allows it to easily convert into an Ottoman bed/ a chaise longue/ a sofa chair in just four steps.
|Vonanda Ottoman Sleeper Sofa Specifications|
Bed Dimensions: 74" * 37" * 17" (L×W×H)
Sofa Dimensions: 47" * 37" * 32" (L×W×H)
Ottoman Dimensions: 27" * 37" * 17" (L×W×H)
Velvet Upholstered + Metal + Sponge
made of high-end triple protection velvet material
backed by a 3-year promise & a 180-day free trial
the weight capacity of 600 pounds
If you’re seeking a comfortable and breathable velvet sleeper sofa, we highly recommend the Vonanda Ottoman Sleeper Sofa
Best For Small Rooms: BOWERY HILL Steel Gray Linen Reversible/Sectional Sleeper Sofa
- Ideal for small spaces - two-piece reversible sectional & the dimensions of 84 x 54.5 x 34.5 inches
- Offer great support - pocket coil springs and foam-filled seats
- Keep your blanket and pillows secretly and neatly hidden when not in use – storage chaise design
- Slightly costly
We’re pleasantly surprised by the brilliant, creative design of this sleeper sofa. It emphasizes a two-piece reversible sectional that can transform from an ordinary sofa to a pull-out sleeper, measured only by 84 x 54.5 x 34.5 inches.
For your comfort, it is constructed for pocket coil springs and foam-filled seats. But our most favorite feature is the storage chaise that can accommodate your pillows and blanket.
It’s available in various color options to fit different room décor schemes. All-in-all, this is a wonderful selection providing functionality for small spaces.
|BOWERY HILL Steel Gray Linen Reversible/Sectional Sleeper Sofa Specifications|
84 x 54.5 x 34.5 inches
two-piece reversible sectional & the dimensions of 84 x 54.5 x 34.5 inches
pocket coil springs and foam-filled seats
storage chaise design
According to the foldable construction with no compromise of comfort or support, the BOWERY HILL Steel Gray Linen Reversible/Sectional Sleeper Sofa is our top pick for small spaces
Mid-Century Style: Knowlife Sectional Convertible Fution Sofa
- Offer nice mid-century look
- High-quality and durable - the heavy-duty wood frame, high-density foam lining, & high-end skin-friendly velvet
- Easy to assemble - the detailed instructions
If you’re looking for a comfortable sleeper sofa with a mid-century look, we highly recommend trying this one.
It is made of high-end skin-friendly velvet filled with high-density foam and supported by a heavy-duty wood frame that can be adjusted in three different reclining angles.
Despite the large size, this sofa is very easy to set up thanks to the detailed instructions and smart design. Besides, Knowlife has a very helpful customer support team.
|Knowlife Sectional Convertible Fution Sofa Specifications|
115 x 59.37 x 32.2 inches
Polyester, Wood, Metal
the heavy-duty wood frame, high-density foam lining, & high-end skin-friendly velvet
the detailed instructions
Designed with a beautiful mid-century look, the Knowlife Sectional Convertible Fution Sofa is one of the most outstanding options here with decent comfort
Best For Heavier People: GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa
- Bring a nicely modern, fresh look to the house - unique, sleek European style
- Ideal for heavy people – the weight capacity of 700 pounds & one extra middle support leg
- Easy to switch between sleeping/lounging/seating positions – the click-clack mechanism
- High value – includes two pillows
- No complaint
GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa looks impressive due to its unique, sleek European style that will definitely bring a nice modern, fresh ambiance to your home.
But what earns the highest score is its robust construction that can handle a max loading weight of 700 pounds. Aside from four tapered metal legs, it is built with an extra support leg in the middle for superior support and a more reliable feel.
Regardless, the sofa can easily convert between sleeping/lounging/seating positions within seconds thanks to its click-clack mechanism.
A big bonus is, when buying the GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa, you’ll receive two pillows as free gifts.
|GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa Specifications|
Sofa: 61.1'' W x 16.54'' H x 19.69'' D
Bed : 61.10” W x 16.54'' H x36.60'' D
Wood & Velvet
unique, sleek European style
the weight capacity of 700 pounds & one extra middle support leg
the click-clack mechanism
include two pillows
Built from the heavy-duty wood frame with an extra middle support leg, the GoTen Convertible Futon Sofa can handle a max weight of 700 pounds, making it a nice choice for heavy people
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa?
Sitting upright all the time for long hours is impossible, which is why your office chair must have a backrest. First of all, the backrest should be 12-19 inches wide. Secondly, it should come with a tilting or reclining mechanism.
If you choose a tilting backrest, it should be multi-function tilting where the backrest and the seat are tilted independently.
Otherwise, opt for a reclining backrest that can be locked at different angles to get the ultimate flexibility.
This factor is very important because sitting for long hours in a chair without lumbar support will flatten the natural curve of your spine in the lower back area.
With that in mind, you should look for an office chair with adjustable lumbar support in both depth and height to get the proper fit for your spine.
Like the backrest, the armrest should be adjustable. In addition, you can choose 2D armrests, 3D armrests, or 4D armrests.
- 2D: these armrests can be moved up and down, in and out horizontally.
- 3D: these armrests offer the same adjustments as 2D ones but add another dimension. Specifically, they can pivot at 5 different angles, in and out.
- 4D: generally, 4D adds another aspect to 3D armrests, they can be pushed in or out.
In terms of the seat material, you will mostly have to choose among mesh, fabric, PU leather, bonded leather, and genuine grain leather.
- Mesh offers a highly breathable surface, making it suitable for hot climates, minimizing the discomfort of sitting for long hours. However, it lacks cushioning.
- Fabric is a common choice for chairs. But there are multiple problems with this material, such as stains and mold buildup, requiring regular maintenance.
- PU leather is the most widely chosen type of leather for office chairs. It’s cheaper, water-resistant, easy to maintain, and easy to clean, but it’s less breathable than fabric and mesh.
- Bonded leather is suitable for those who want to get the leather feel. Nevertheless, it tends to peel over time and is not as durable as real leather.
- Genuine grain leather is the most expensive option of all, but it’s so durable that it can last a lifetime. There are downsides, though, including stains that need immediate treatment and the risk of fading if exposed to sunlight.
Apart from the material, the width and length of the seat are important and the overall size of the seat should fit your body.
Otherwise, you won’t feel comfortable at all. Last but not least, the height of the seat matters because each person has a different height and likes to sit at different levels.
Most office chairs on the market offer an adjustable height so that you can get the perfect sitting position you want for long-hour work.
Which Brands Make The Most Comfortable Sleeper Sofa?
If you have decided to go with an office chair made from mesh, you should try this brand. It offers nicely designed models with flexible structure to deliver comfort for users.
This brand makes more compact, simplified office chairs with mesh backrests and cushioned seat for enhanced comfort if you need to sit for long hours.
For online shoppers, this is a must-try brand. Here, you will find stylish office chairs that come at comfortable prices for limited budgets.
What makes an office chair comfortable?
There are multiple factors as to how to make an office chair comfortable, including the seating cushion, the backrest, and the armrest.
Are mesh office chairs comfortable?
Mesh office chairs are comfortable since the material is flexible and highly breathable, making them suitable for hot climates. However, they don’t have cushioning and the frame of the chair isn’t comfy at all.
How can I make my chair more comfortable?
There are 5 ways for you to make your chair more comfortable.
- Set the proper height for the chair.
- Try different settings to figure out which one suits you the most.
- Use an extra lumbar pillow.
- Add seat cushioning.
- Use armrest pads.
What is the proper way to sit on a chair?
Here’s how to sit properly on a chair without back support.
- Distribute the body weight on both hips evenly.
- Bend your knees at a right angle and keep them slightly higher or even with your hips.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Try to change the sitting position every 30 minutes.
- When you sit in a rolling, pivoting chair, never twist at the waist. Instead, turn the entire body.
- Rest your arms on the armrests and relax your shoulder.
Are expensive office chairs worth it?
As a rule of thumb, more expensive chairs often mean higher quality. Especially, they tend to last longer and save you the cost to buy new chairs in the coming years.
As of now, we hope that you know what to look for in the most comfortable office chair for long hours. All the factors we discussed here are important and directly affect your experience, so think carefully before making any decision.