Finding the best toilet for seniors might not be the easiest task. You need to consider safety, comfort and other useful features too.
Below are 6 toilets from the most reliable manufacturers for seniors and mobility-affected users. Take a look!
Here are the best toilets for seniors you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Pedal Flush /High Profile / Parchment - Thetford 31672
- Best For The Physically Handicapped: WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with Soft Closing Seat
- Best For Tight Corner: Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 Gpf Toilet
- Best Overall: 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height
- Best For Tall Handicapped Adults: American Standard 2988101.020 Single Flush Right Height Round Front Toilet
- Most Powerful: TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet with Elongated Bowl
|Top 6 Best Toilets For Seniors|
|Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Pedal Flush /High Profile / Parchment - Thetford 31672||Read Our Review|
Best For The Physically Handicapped
|WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with Soft Closing Seat||Read Our Review|
Best For Tight Corner
|Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 Gpf Toilet||Read Our Review|
|20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height||Read Our Review|
Best For Tall Handicapped Adults
|American Standard 2988101.020 Single Flush Right Height Round Front Toilet||Read Our Review|
|TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet with Elongated Bowl||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Pedal Flush /High Profile / Parchment - Thetford 31672
- Great for users with mobility issues or injuries
- Easy to install
- Sturdy and solid
- The bowl is quite shallow.
Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet is the first toilet I want to start with. As the name suggests, this toilet can be used in any recreational vehicle for permanent use. This RV toilet features high seating that brings the same level of comfort and convenience as household toilets.
Built from sturdy plastic, Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet is super lightweight and easy to install. The lid helps to shed water and resist scratch. The pedal flush is as powerful as the dual one.
You just need to press it halfway to produce a powerful force of water. Pressing it all the way will completely open the valve and flush all the waste away.
If you want to lower the water consumption, consider installing a hand sprayer.
Any cons? Yes, the bowl is quite shallow which would make some people feel uncomfortable from time to time.
|Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Pedal Flush /High Profile / Parchment - Thetford 31672 Specifications|
15.8 x 18.2 x 19 inches
A single-pedal system
A lightweight 17-1/2 inches plastic RV toilet
Aqua-Magic V RV Toilet Pedal Flush /High Profile / Parchment - Thetford 31672 is a perfect high-seating option for RV or any recreational vehicles.
Best For The Physically Handicapped: WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with Soft Closing Seat
- Soft Closing Seat
- Comfort Height
- Luxury modern design
- Easy to clean
WoodBridge T-0001 upgrades your bathroom with its modern design. Sleek look. Rectangle button. This toilet is compatible with different bathroom sizes and styles.
For those who hate toilet cleaning, WoodBridge T-0001 features skirted trapway that allows effortless cleaning. This unit doesn’t come with corners or grooves so that reaching to clean is easy too.
I also appreciate the Siphon Flushing design. It is powerful yet very quiet. You will experience no clogs and no leaks at all. Chair-height seating supports seniors and mobility-affected users.
|WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with Soft Closing Seat Specifications|
28.5 x 14.5 x 27.5 inches
5 year limited warranty
Siphon flushing Design
WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with Soft Closing Seat is a premium choice for the physically handicapped, seniors and users in general.
Best For Tight Corner: Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 Gpf Toilet
- Compact elongated bowl
- Easy to clean
- Comfort height
- Easy to install
- The flush is quite weak.
If you are looking for a small toilet for a tight bathroom’s corner, this is it. Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa is designed to fit in corners and small bathrooms. This compact unit features chair height seating. Sitting down and standing up has never been easier and more comfortable.
This unit is specially designed for seniors and users with bad knees. You don’t need to install extra grab bars or seat booster. The Kohler releases less water but empties the bowl in a single flush. What’s more, the powerful canister plush valve gets rid of small clogs and blockages.
This toilet is fairly lightweight and easy to install. The price is quite affordable given all the features and design.
|Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 Gpf Toilet Specifications|
31 x 20.8 x 29 inches
1.28 gallons per flush (gpf)
Brevia Quiet Close seat
Standard left hand trip lever included
Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 Gpf Toilet comes with Reasonable price and comfortable height. It hands-down brings the best bang for your buck.
Best Overall: 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height
- Powerful dual flush
- The tank is well-made and secure.
- Comfortable seat
- Tall and easy to get up from
- Fair price
- The toilet lid is a bit flimsy.
Convenient Height 20 inch is a sound option if you value safety. This unit is 5 inches higher than the typical toilet height. It assists seniors and mobility-affected users to sit down and stand up more comfortably. This toilet is easy to access for healthy and tall users as well.
The unit features a dual flush valve that consumes 1.28 GPM per flush. It is a strong and powerful single flush. The valve is made of corrosion-resistant plastics for the utmost durability.
The slow closing plastic seat is another highlight. However, the toilet lid looks a bit flimsy. You also need a licensed plumber to help with the installation.
|20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height Specifications|
27 x 15 x 36 in
Dual flush valve
20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height is an unparalleled option for users with bad knees.
Best For Tall Handicapped Adults: American Standard 2988101.020 Single Flush Right Height Round Front Toilet
- Quick and easy cleaning
- Made for small bathrooms
- Silent closing seat
- Sleek design
There are a few reasons why American Standard 2988101.020 is the best option for senior users. This toilet knows how to clean itself. The inner porcelain and powerful flush will wash away any mess. The gentle seat closing will get rid of any toilet mishaps and go easy on your nerves. What’s more, the American Standard 2988101.020 comes with a seamless exterior to catch any dust and dirt from the toilet.
This unit uses only 1.28 GPM per flushing. What normally takes 2-3 flushes now only requires a single flush from American Standard. This elongated toilet features a round front shape that can fit into a small bathroom too.
|American Standard 2988101.020 Single Flush Right Height Round Front Toilet Specifications|
28.2 x 15.8 x 30.8 inches
Slow close seat and lid
American Standard 2988101.020 Single Flush Right Height Round Front Toilet comes with the right height and comfortable seat – the best choice for tall handicapped adults.
Most Powerful: TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet with Elongated Bowl
- Low water consumption
- Most powerful flush
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- The flush handle looks cheap.
When it comes to the most powerful 2-piece toilets, TOTO CST744SL#01 nails it. This is a high-profile design unit from TOTO that is suitable for both commercial and residential uses.
Made from high-quality material and sturdy construction, TOTO CST744SL#01 can certainly stand through time test. The seat features SolfClose and you can easily upgrade it.
The flushing valve might look a bit flimsy, but its power is a real surprise. This powerful commercial-grade flushing power comes with the GMAX system, offering quick and strong water flow.
TOTO CST744SL#01 complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines. It is a perfect choice for patients, parents or whoever with back and leg problems.
|TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet with Elongated Bowl Specifications|
28 x 19.5 x 30.5 inches
G-Max flushing system
Elongated front bowl and tank set
Chrome trip lever
TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet with Elongated Bowl is a piece of jewelry for your toilet.
How To Choose The Best Toilets For Seniors?
When buying toilets for seniors, there are a few factors you need to consider.
- Chair-high seating is an essential feature of toilets for seniors. Sitting and standing up put a lot of pressure on joints and back, making it comfortable and sometimes painful for seniors when using toilets.
- That’s why an appropriate toilet height needs to be considered here.
- When buying toilets, make sure that you buy the most comfortable one. Check the toilet’s material, the lid’s flexibility, and the flushing sound.
- Sometimes, these small factors such as quite closing or noiseless flushing can bring peace on your nerves.
- Flushing ability is an important aspect. A good toilet needs to flush your mess away at one time only. The water force must be powerful and quick.
- What’s more, it is important to find units that come with water-saving technology. Toilets that use only 1.28 gallons per flush are good choices.
Which Brands Make The Best Toilets For Seniors?
- When it comes to RV toilets, Aqua-Magic is one of the most trusted addresses to visit. Their products often come with high seating and classic style. They are versatile and very much flexible for permanent use in RV vehicles.
- WoodBridge is another trustworthy address I would visit for affordable and effective bathroom gears. Their toilets are built to last. Tough, sturdy yet flexible and easy to install.
- Founded in 1873, Kohler has gained its prestige through the charming bathroom and kitchen gears. The companion brings good taste and upgrades your living area with styles.
- Convenient Height is the leading manufacturer in high-seating toilets. Their models are often higher than standard toilets, offering comfort for users. Products from Convenient Height are easy to use and quite reasonable too.
- As the name suggests. American Standard applies a high standard in their products. Toilets from American Standard are made of high-quality material, featuring sturdy construction and stylish design.
- TOTO makes everything look beautiful and simple. With elegant design and powerful features, their toilets are brilliant options for our most basic needs. TOTO brings creativity and innovation in every detail, enhancing user experience and upgrade your life.
Which is a better round or elongated toilet?
Both round and elongated toilets have pros and cons.
As for elongated toilets, they are generally more comfortable and quite easy to use when it comes to cleaning. The flush tends to be stronger. Also, most elongated toilets come with modern design. The downside would be price and size.
On the other hand, round toilets adopt the traditional style that fits in small bathrooms. They are less expensive than elongated counterparts.
So which one is better? It depends on which aspect you are looking for. If you value comfort and modernity, elongated toilets are better.
How do I make my toilet flush stronger?
Here are a few tricks for you:
Check whether your toilet is blocked. Try to pour around a gallon of water into your toilet and see whether it flushes away effectively. If not, you need to unclog with a plunger or snake.
Use bleach to clean your toilet. Bleach will help you get rid of the built-up blockage, thus enhancing the flushing efficiency.
Try vinegar soak in the toilet tank. Let the vinegar sit for at least 3 hours. Vinegar will help dissolve junk deposits in the toilet system.
Why does my toilet have a weak flush?
The blockage is the main reason why your toilet flush is week. If the waste pipe, rim jets or siphon jet are blocked, the water level in the toilet tank is low. Thus, the flushing power isn’t strong enough.
How do you adjust a toilet flush valve?
The adjustment is quite simple; you just need to turn the screw over the top of the valve. If you want to increase the water level, turn the screw clockwise. To decrease the water level, turn the screw counterclockwise.
Why are high toilets suitable for Seniors?
High toilets are just elongated models with some extra inches off the ground. Most high toilets adopt chair height, which allows seniors to sit down and stand up comfortably without pressuring on their joints.
The best toilet for seniors needs to have safe chair-high seating, comfort, and powerful flushing ability. The 6 options I offer certainly satisfy these factors. Considering your bathroom size, budget and taste to pick the most suitable one. Have fun shopping!