Pillowcases made from quality silk are attested to contribute to facial skin and hair improvement. It’s also considered an effective way to help with your acne condition. Here are the best silk pillowcases for acne out there for you to consider:
Here are the best silk pillowcases for acne you can buy in 2024:
- Fade Resistant: ZIMASILK COMINHKPR134436
- Fast Drying: Adubor 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Breathable: Asmork 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Soft: SLIP 853218006810
- Thick: Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S
- Wrinkle Free: Hyde Lane AMFBA21-0057
|6 Best Silk Pillowcases For Acne
|Adubor 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
|Asmork 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
|Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S
|Hyde Lane AMFBA21-0057
Fade Resistant: ZIMASILK COMINHKPR134436
- Fade-resistant - Superior durable color
- Versatile – 35 color options
- Reliable - the manufacturer's 180-day money-back guarantee
ZIMASILK offers mulberry silk pillowcases designed for dry and acne skin.
While the brand primarily attests to the product's hair-beauty retention abilities by avoiding absorbing their natural oil as ordinary pillowcases would do, it will also improve your skin acne and dryness.
The non-absorbent surface maintains the skin's balanced moisture over time and the smooth finish offers comfort to the touch.
But the best part is this pillowcase even feels and works just as new after a lot of washes. Plus, it's supported by the manufacturer's 180-day money-back guarantee and there are 35 color options to consider.
|ZIMASILK COMINHKPR134436 Specifications
Superior durable color
35 color options
the manufacturer's 180-day money-back guarantee
It’s hard to find a silk pillowcase that is as affordable, versatile, and fade-resistant as the ZIMASILK COMINHKPR134436
Fast Drying: Adubor 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Fast-drying after minutes to hours
- Very affordable for a 100% 23 momme real mulberry silk pillowcase
- On the small side of standard
We have tested a lot of affordable silk pillowcases on the market but this one impressed us the most. It is made of 100% 23 momme real mulberry silk material, very comfortable, and stays cooler during sleep than other materials.
As an added bonus, the hidden zipper adds the pillow's overall beauty
What's worth mentioning is it dries out super-fast, usually within a couple of hours at room temperature. But it's also possible to be completely dried after a few minutes by using a low-setting dryer.
So, if you're on a tight budget and intend to buy just one pillowcase, enjoy using it with one less worry.
|Adubor 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase Specifications
100% 23 momme real mulberry silk material
The Adubor 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase is our favorite silk pillowcase for fast-drying, despite its smaller size.
Breathable: Asmork 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
- Breathable & smooth - 19 momme grade 6A mulberry silk
- Unique - customized color options
- The zipper could be sturdier
If coolness is your top priority when seeking a new pillowcase for the sole reason that you're a hot sleeper, then we have the confidence that you will love this one.
It's made of 19 momme grade 6A mulberry silk - which is attested to be one of the world's most comfortable materials due to superior breathability, smoothness, and softness. Compared to cotton pillowcases, this one is far cooler.
That's not all!
It offers customized color options and the sophisticated stitching adds to its classy look.
|Asmork 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase Specifications
19 momme grade 6A mulberry silk
customized color options
We highly recommend those hot sleepers start your search for a breathable silk pillowcase by checking out the Asmork 100% Mulberry Silk Pillowcase.
Soft: SLIP 853218006810
- Super-soft – Slipsilk
- Very convenient and easy to clean – machine-washable
If you want to treat your facial skin to luxury, the SLIP 853218006810 is our favorite.
This silk pillowcase is on the expensive side, but we find its extraordinary softness is something hard to find on lower-end ranges. The key reason is that it's made using Slipsilk - a specially-commissioned material that the brand has developed for 10+ years - like other SLIP pillowcases.
Compared to conventional silk types, Slipsilk is not only proven to reduce friction by 43%, but also softer, thicker, and stronger. Therefore, it is machine-washable.
|SLIP 853218006810 Specifications
Slip Silk fabric
In terms of softness, the SLIP 853218006810 is the clear winner of this comparative review
Thick: Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S
- Very thick and durable – the long-strand 30-momme mulberry silk material
- Multifunctional - 4
- Wish there were more color choices
- It shows marks if water falls on it
This Fishers Finery silk pillowcase is beloved by worldwide dermatologists for its top-notch 30-momme mulberry silk material which offers the next-level thickness, smoothness, and durability.
Another notable feature is its no-zipper design. Instead, the pillowcase is engineered with 4" envelope enclosure and easy-side entry for your optimal comfort. This special design also makes it multifunctional: you can use it as both a pillowcase or a sham.
The Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S comes in sizes available in king, queen, or standard and hues of taupe, silver, natural white, or light blue.
Note: This pillowcase is dry-cleaned or hand-washed only.
|Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S Specifications
the long-strand 30-momme mulberry silk material
4" envelope enclosure
If you’re in need of an ultra-thick silk pillowcase for acne, the Fishers Finery HB-02-PC1-830-GRY-S has you covered.
Wrinkle Free: Hyde Lane AMFBA21-0057
- Wrinkle-free & easy to care for - 25-momme highest-grade 6A superior mulberry silk
- High-quality – sturdy zipper
If you want your silk pillowcases to not only bring a soft and smooth experience but also look beautiful, then this wrinkle-free silk pillowcase is a great choice.
Using 25-momme highest-grade 6A superior mulberry silk, it maintains a flat surface after every night's sleep, so no ironing is needed and you will save more time on making bed.
This option also comes in handy for regular travelers who usually stuff their pillow and pillowcases in the luggage.
|Hyde Lane AMFBA21-0057 Specifications
25-momme highest-grade 6A superior mulberry silk
Due in large part to its incredible wrinkle-free texture, the Hyde Lane AMFBA21-0057 wins top honors in our review.
How To Choose The Best Silk Pillowcase For Acne?
Similar to thread count in cotton fabric, momme is the official weight measurement in silk.
The higher the number, the thicker the yarn and the denser the weave. So, high momme count silk pillowcases have a tendency to be softer, heavier, and more durable than lower momme count silk ones.
But that superior performance of course comes at a cost.
Now, why do I need to understand this term? - you might ask.
The momme count of a silk pillowcase helps you determine the right one for your budget, comfort, and style.
Silk pillowcases regularly made from 18-30 momme count.
- At 19-22 momme weight, the fabric is budget-friendly, lightweight, comfortable, and soft.
- At 22-30 momme weight, the fabric is luxurious and extra-soft.
- At >30 momme weight, the fabric gives the ultimate in luxury, smoothness, and softness.
There are six main types of silk:
- Art silk (also known as bamboo silk)
- Muga silk, known for its natural golden color
- Eri silk, known for its superior heavyweight and elasticity to other silks plus the wool-like feeling
- Tussar silk, which is less soft, more textured than other silks
- Sea silk, which is extremely costly and rare
- Spider silk: As the name implies, it is the silk produced by spiders to make their webs. This silk type is known for its strength
- Mulberry silk, known for its top-notch quality and softness
Therein, Mulberry silk is the most popular type in silk pillowcases.
People purchase silk pillowcases for its decent benefits in facial skin and hair. But just like jewelry, silk is categorized into different grades equivalent to different price ranges and different quality of silk benefits.
There are three primary silk grades: A, B, and C.
Grade A silk is the highest quality, which is able to be stretched out up to a mile without silk floss breaking.
But that's not all, silk grades are also further divided by number. For instance, grade A silk comes in six number options of 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, and A. Same with grade B and grade C silk.
The higher the number, the finer the fabric quality, which means Grade 6A silk is the best of the best options in the market.
Oeko-Tex Standard 100
Natural silk is known for hypoallergenic properties, but how do you know if your silk pillowcase is safe and trustworthy? That's where the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 Certification comes into place.
The Standard 100, developed in the 1990s, is particularly for products in consumer textiles and has currently been the most famous and trustful certification for safety.
Any product with this certification means it surpasses the strict tests of the Oeko-Tex Association to not contain the 100 listed toxic substances.
Which Brands Make The Best Silk Pillowcase For Acne?
Zima Silk is a quite young brand in the Silk industry, but that turns out to be their strength as all of the brand's products bring a unique stylish look, aside from top quality. We are impressed by their various silk product lines, all of which are made of the top-notch quality Mulberry silk.
Founded in 2004, SLIP silk pillowcases - and many other silk products - have received more than 50 prestigious beauty awards, such as POOSH approval, Beauty Award Winner by Cost Bar in 2021, Hair Award BAZAAR 2022 Winner, etc.
They have developed a following of A-listers, Hailey Bieber, Jen Atkin, Chrissy Teigen, and the Kardashians.
Is mulberry silk real silk?
Yes, it is. Mulberry silk is made utilizing the secretions of domesticated silkworms that are fed by mulberry leaves.
Can a silk pillowcase cause acne?
No, it can’t. Silk pillowcases are even attested to be able to reduce the friction of your skin and the cover fabric to hence minimize the risks of acne. However, too dirty pillow cases potentially worsen your acne condition.
How can you tell if something is 100% silk?
To determine if something is 100% silk, here are some common methods:
- Do a wedding ring test: Because of its smoothness and softness, genuine silk is easily pulled through a wedding ring while silk-alternatives can’t.
- Burn a bit of the fabric: Genuine silk creates black, brittle, and crispy ash, along with invisible fume and burnt-hair-like odor.
- Look at the weave: Real silk has imperfections
- Do a sound test: Real silk makes a crunching noise when you scrunch it up in your hands
- Look at the fabric at different angles: If its color changes when you do that, it’s genuine silk
- Look at the price: Real silk is more expensive the silk-alternatives
- Do a touch test: Real silk feels waxy, super-soft, and smooth to the touch.
How to care for a real silk pillowcase?
Here is how to care for a real silk pillowcase:
- Hand-wash only
- After washing, lay it flatly on a drying rack (with no direct sunlight exposure) to air dry
Which is better: silk or satin?
Silk is better than satin when it comes to durability while satin is more affordable.
The best silk pillowcases for acne in this review meet all of our requirements in quality, durability, and comfort. Additionally, they earn the highest scores in a specific aspect (or a few), making it an ideal choice for certain shoppers. We hope that our work helped you in your decision-making process. Thanks for reading!