We love a quiet flushing toilet. That’s why we’ve spent over two years to research, screening, and test 40 different models. For our 2020 iteration, we compared the top-rated 14 options available. Below are the 6 best quiet flushing toilets:
Here are the best quiet flushing toilets you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Kohler K-3589-0
- Best For Bad Knees: TOTO CST744E#01
- Most Efficient: Niagara 77001WHCO1
- Best Overall: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254
- Most Powerful: American Standard 2034.314.020
- Best For Seniors: TOTO MS604114CEFG#11
|Top 6 Best Quiet Flushing Toilets|
|Kohler K-3589-0||Read Our Review|
Best For Bad Knees
|TOTO CST744E#01||Read Our Review|
|Niagara 77001WHCO1||Read Our Review|
|Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254||Read Our Review|
|American Standard 2034.314.020||Read Our Review|
Best For Seniors
|TOTO MS604114CEFG#11||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Kohler K-3589-0
- Ideal for seniors – chair-height seating
- Add extra room and comfort – elongated bowl
- Run powerfully yet quietly - AquaPiston universal gasket
- Not include seat and supply line
The Kohler K-3589-0 is a two-piece flushing toilet that combines a K-4418 tank and a K-4309 bowl. It features convenient chair-height seating and a comfortable elongated bowl to help you sit on/stand up more easily.
Making it outstanding is the AquaPiston universal gasket. While capably fitting all Kohler canister flush valve toilets for simple replacement, it runs more powerfully and quietly than the 3-inch flapper as water will enter the valve from 360 degrees.
Besides, it is crafted from 90% less exposed seal materials and the added yellow seal prevents swelling, shrinkage, wears, and tears efficiently.
|Kohler K-3589-0 Specifications|
28.8 x 17.6 x 30.8 inches
90% less exposed seal material
Perfect for seniors, easy to install, and powerful flushing, no strange when the Kohler K-3589-0 brings home our Best Buy award.
Best For Bad Knees: TOTO CST744E#01
- Flush fast and powerfully – a wide 3-Inch flush valve & E-Max flushing system
- Trustworthy and quality – meet CEC, CALGreen, and WaterSense standards
- Flush handle is a bit flimsy
The TOTO CST744E#01 will definitely be your perfect upgrade from the standard models.
This well-designed flushing toilet is very easy to install. It has an elongated bowl for extra room and comfort while the perfect height makes it wonderful for bad knees.
Furthermore, it meets CEC, CALGreen, and WaterSense standards for water efficiency, powerful flushing, and durability. It, in fact, consumes only 1.28 gallons per flush while the standard is up to 1.6. Using this for one year and you’ll realize the big change in your monthly water bills.
Regardless, it flushes everything fast and clearly thanks to the E-Max flushing system combining with a wide 3-Inch flush valve.
|TOTO CST744E#01 Specifications|
28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches
Wide 3-Inch flush valve
CALGreen and CEC compliant
E-Max 1.28 GPF flushing system
Built to provide a perfect height, the TOTO CST744E#01 is our favorite choice for bad knees.
Most Efficient: Niagara 77001WHCO1
- Superbly water-efficient – consume only 0.8 GPF
- Comfortable and roomy – elongated bowl
- Wish the base was higher quality
- Water only flows down the front of the bowl
We love this two-piece flushing toilet!
It flushes fast, quietly, and by the time you’re ready to get in the shower, it’s done filling. The height from floor to its bowl is 17 inches so bad knees don’t feel hurt at all when getting up off of it.
The biggest selling point is Niagara 77001WHCO1 consumes only 0.8 gallons per flush, making it the most water-efficient two-piece toilet at under $250.
It is powered assisted by gravity and water pressure, unlike other standard toilets, which leads to no compromise of flushing force. Besides, it is compact, perfectly deep, easy to install, and super-ergonomic.
|Niagara 77001WHCO1 Specifications|
28.9 x 18.8 x 31 inches
Vitreous China, Metal
Gallons Per Flush: 0.8
Gallons Per Flush: 0.8
The best way to save money on water is by choosing the most efficient flushing toilet. If that’s also your goal and what to look for, try this model.
Best Overall: Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254
- Easy cleanup – fully skirted trapway
- High valuable – include a soft closing seat
- Ideal for disabled people – have a wax ring and bolt caps
- The toilet lid is flimsy
- A bit expensive
If your budget is ready for a costlier purchase of a flushing toilet in exchange for extra convenience, appearance, and versatility, this is the shiniest candidate.
It includes a soft closing seat, while most other counterparts don’t; a wax ring and bolt caps for disabled people; and special holes to reach these bolts. The design is also sleek, stylish, and has a fully skirted trapway for extra ease of cleaning.
We haven’t experienced any problems, like leaking or clogging during the test.
The seat and lid are also easy to remove for cleaning, and both have an easy close on them.
|Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254 Specifications|
26.6 x 15 x 31 inches
Special holes to reach the bolts
Soft closing seat included
Fully skirted trapway
Taking up a very small space but working fast, powerfully, and quietly, the Swiss Madison Well Made Forever SM-1T254 is best for anyone who is looking for a one-piece toilet.
Most Powerful: American Standard 2034.314.020
- Swallow everything easily – feature a bigger throat with no gag reflex
- Easy to clean - 2 3/8-inch fully glazed trapway and EverClean surface
- Enhance comfort and ease of use – a 16 1/2 inch rim height
- Flush a bit noisily
With the American Standard 2034.314.020, you’ll save water with fewer flushes.
Moreover, it swallows like a champ thanks to the much bigger throat with no gag reflex. The robust flush makes it impossible to get clogged but the total amount of water consumed for each flushing time is just 1.6 gallons.
Like the Swiss Madison, this also includes a seat for extra comfort. It even has 2 3/8-inch fully glazed trapway and EverClean surface for extra ease of cleaning.
Our only complaint is the “whoosh” sound is a bit loud.
|American Standard 2034.314.020 Specifications|
17.8 x 29.8 x 29.5 inches
1.6 gpf/6.0 LPF
2 3/8 inches fully glazed trap way
If you’ve been tired of having to plunge every time the bomb you dropped doesn’t slide straight in, this powerful flushing toilet is the best upgrade.
Best For Seniors: TOTO MS604114CEFG#11
- Comfier and safer to sit on/stand up – universal height
- Reliable and quality – meet CEC, CALGreen, WaterSense, and ADA standards
- Easy to clean - CEFIONTECT glaze
- No storage space - The back of the toilet is slanted
The reason for making this TOTO MS604114CEFG#11 a perfect choice for seniors is its universal height.
The most common issue of choosing a new flushing toilet is the height from flooring to the bowl. Too high – you’ll need an extra stool for comfort. Too low – it’s hard to stand up or hurt on the knees/back.
But thanks to this brilliant design, the toilet allows for the comfiest seat gesture across most users. There is also a soft seat included for souped-up comfort.
Besides, it meets CEC, CALGreen, WaterSense, and ADA standards.
|TOTO MS604114CEFG#11 Specifications|
28.3 x 16.6 x 28.8 inches
1.28 gallons per flush
CALGreen and CEC compliant
SoftClose seat included
If you’re finding the comfiest and safest flushing toilet to relieve pressure to the knees and back for your parents or any senior, look no further.
How To Choose The Best Quiet Flushing Toilets?
The four main types of flushing toilets that feature ultra-quiet operation are:
- Best for: Narrow toilet spaces
- It highlights a small and compact design and the flushing quantity isn’t really high, which makes it quieter when flushing.
- Best for: People who want to be independent of a toilet tank.
- Tankless toilets have a direct connection to the pipeline to make it hugely less noise when flushing compared to the tanked toilet.
- Best for: Bathrooms or toilet rooms that are lacking horizontal space
- This type of toilet helps take advantage of the free vertical space in this space by installing it on the wall. But take note that it probably takes a fair renovation investment.
- Best for: all bathroom or toilet spaces
- Standard toilets feature a tank where flushing water will pour from. It’s mounted to the ground, therefore, requires the least installation and expenses.
- It’s the most popular type, divided into two main categories: the round shape and the elongated. The choice for these categories depends on your comfort demand and space.
- If it’s small and narrow, we suggest going for round one. Conversely, if you have a roomy bathroom or toilet room and want extra comfort while going to the ‘loo, pick the elongated.
- The best flushing toilet should not be too big nor small for a bathroom/toilet room so, before making your final decision, remember to take out the measuring tape and find out the exact dimensions of these spaces as well as the available area for toilet installation.
- We suggest choosing a rough-in within 12” to 14”.
- While the standard toilets commonly consume 2 gallons of water per flush, you can find a more efficient model to save water and protect the environment.
- The measuring unit for the amount of flushing water in gallons per flush, or GPF.
- And there are many types of the toilet out there can consume only 1.28-1.6 GPF with no compromise of flushing power or overall performance.
Which Brands Make The .keyword?
- KOHLER is known for providing high-end sanitary ware and kitchen design products including luxurious toilets, showers, washbasins, and many more. It’s been in the market since 1873.
- Or Tōtō Kabushiki-gaisha. This is one of the world’s largest toilet producers, known for creating derivative and Washlet products. This Japanese company was founded in 1917.
- The youngest brand in this list but it’s better known for the insane growth speed over just 12 years to be directly competitive with other Mr. Giants, like TOTO and Kohler. Their products are widely known for decent creation, innovation, and design.
Which is better: round or elongated toilet?
There is no universal type of toilets that afford all needs and budgets so we’d say whether it’s a round or elongated toilet, it will have its specific pros and cons.
In detail, round bowl toilets are better for narrow toilet space while the elongated is more favorited by its superior comfort.
How do I make my toilet flush stronger?
Try these methods:
- Clean the jet holes arranged around the upper rim to prevent clogging up
- Adjust the flapper to make it close faster or rise enough after you let go of the handle
What toilet is best for not clogging?
All the flushing toilet selection we’ve suggested above is all clogging prevention. Determine your needs and pick one.
Why does my toilet have a quiet flush?
It’s because your toilet is equipped with a quiet fill flush valve.
Quiet flushing toilets offer a large handful of benefits while the extra expense paid for such superior performance is unnoticeable. The true challenge when choosing the best quiet flushing toilet isn’t pricing, but the numerous options available in the market.
We hope this review helps you in your next toilet purchase. Good luck!