Fans make a good way to cool down the room as they are cheaper to buy and to operate than air conditioners. With such benefits, there are countless models on the market that you can choose from.
There’s one problem, fans can be loud, which is why the noise level has become a concern for consumers.
Therefore, today, we are glad to give you this comprehensive guide on finding the best quiet fans for sleeping.
Here are the best quiet fans for sleeping you can buy in 2021:
- Table Fan (Vintage Style): HUNTER Retro Table Fan
- Table Fan (Powerful): Rowenta VU2631
- Table Fan (Modern Design): Honeywell Comfort Control Oscillating Table Fan
- Tower Fan (Best For Humid Room): Lasko Products Portable Electric 42” Oscillating Tower Fan
- Tower Fan (Ultra-Slim Design): Forty4 Small Oscillating Tower Fan
- Tower Fan (Stylish Design): Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan
- Pedestal Fan (Easy To Assemble): Rowenta VU5670
- Pedestal Fan (Energy-Efficient): PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan
- Pedestal Fan (Best For Light Sleeper): Aikoper Pedestal Fan
|9 Best Quiet Fans For Sleeping|
|HUNTER Retro Table Fan|
|Honeywell Comfort Control Oscillating Table Fan|
|Lasko Products Portable Electric 42” Oscillating Tower Fan|
|Forty4 Small Oscillating Tower Fan|
|Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan|
|PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan|
|Aikoper Pedestal Fan|
Table Fan (Vintage Style): HUNTER Retro Table Fan
- Give a classic, retro look – the metal construction with Onyx Copper, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, or Brushed Nickel finish
- Safe to use – ETL certification
- Prevent dust buildup up to 50% - dust armor
- A bit wobble at the top
If you’re looking for a quiet table fan with a vintage design to match your bedroom décor scheme, then the HUNTER Retro Table Fan is a good try. The full-silver metal construction gives a unique retro look that is never out of style.
It is ETL certified for safety, features three-speed settings, and the head is 85-degree rotary for even airflow. Besides, it is able to tilt at different degrees.
The fan is fully pre-assembled before arrival. The cord length is enough for various use. And the dust armor prevents dust buildup up to 50% compared to other counterparts.
|HUNTER Retro Table Fan Specifications|
the metal construction with Onyx Copper, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, or Brushed Nickel finish
For someone who wants to have a table fan that’s not only quiet while operating but also goes with a vintage style design, the HUNTER Retro Table Fan is a good option
Table Fan (Powerful): Rowenta VU2631
- Offer powerful airflow & broad oscillation coverage - five effective blades, 12” diameter head, and Turbo Boost mode
- Offer soundless sleep night – the Silent Night mode
- Easy to control from distance – the remote control
- The light indicator is too bright at night
We were pleasantly surprised by how powerful this table fan was. It can offer up to 1695 Cu. Ft./min with broad oscillation coverage thanks to the five effective blades and 12” diameter head.
There are five-speed settings, including Turbo Boost for extra power if you like, as well as Silent Night for soundless sleep night (the noise level of the fan at this mode is only 35 decibels)
A big bonus is you can conveniently adjust its speed or oscillation direction without leaving your bed thanks to the remote control.
|Rowenta VU2631 Specifications|
five effective blades, 12” diameter head, and Turbo Boost mode
the Silent Night mode
the remote control
The Rowenta VU2631 gives you the best of both worlds – powerful oscillation and quiet operation. If they are also what you’re after, pick it!
Table Fan (Modern Design): Honeywell Comfort Control Oscillating Table Fan
- Compact & modern
- Long-lasting & the motor never gets hot – the functional grille
- Easy cleaning – built with a removable grille
- The fan isn’t pre-assembled
- Unclear instructions
Like the HUNTER and Rowenta, this table fan gives you both powerful and quiet cooling performance at a time, along with various speed settings and a tiltable head for oscillating direction control.
What elevates its score is the compact, modern style design that can be used on the floor or a tabletop.
It is also equipped with a detachable metal grille for easy cleaning of accumulated debris and dust. On the other hand, this grille works pretty well; it keeps the motor from overheating so the fan can last longer.
|Honeywell Comfort Control Oscillating Table Fan Specifications|
the functional grille
built with a removable grille
What we like the most about the Honeywell Comfort Control Oscillating Table Fan is not just its amazingly quiet operation but also the beautiful modern design
Tower Fan (Best For Humid Room): Lasko Products Portable Electric 42” Oscillating Tower Fan
- Dependable & safe – the patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology and ETL certification
- Easy to use & customizable – the remote control, three settings, and a timer
- Help clean the air – the built-in ionizer
- The screws for the base are cheap
- With the oscillating angle was a bit wider
With an over 100-year history, Lasko has never disappointed us about their fans – both quality and performance. This model is another great design of theirs, highlighting patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology and ETL certification that can function well whether it’s humid outdoors.
It offers three settings, with the maximum oscillation up to 262 CFM, all can be easily controlled by remote control.
There comes with a timer to efficiently set from 0.5 to 7.5 hours. It is also built with an Ionizer that helps dispense countless negative ions into your bedroom air for eliminating allergens, smoke, and pollen efficiently.
Another notable feature is its sleek, compact look that can fit anywhere in your bedroom whether small or large.
|Lasko Products Portable Electric 42” Oscillating Tower Fan Specifications|
30 dB on high.
the patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology and ETL certification
the remote control, three settings, and a timer
the built-in ionizer
With an emphasis on the patented Blue Plug safety fuse technology, the Lasko Products Portable Electric 42
Tower Fan (Ultra-Slim Design): Forty4 Small Oscillating Tower Fan
- Compact – the measurement of 5.4 x 5.8 x 13 inches
- Portable and easy to maneuver – the weight of 2.2 pounds & the built-in handle
- Run quietly regardless of the chosen speed mode - The updated turbine technology
- The motor is prone to get hot during long-time operation
When it comes to a bedroom with limited space, tower fans are our very first choice. Amongst countless options out there, we find this model gives us the best of both worlds – quiet yet powerful airflow and compact size.
Despite the dimensions of 5.4 x 5.8 x 13 inches, it offers an oscillation power of 60 degrees.
The updated turbine technology ensures quiet performance whether it’s at a high or low-speed setting.
Not only compact, but the fan is also lightweight and built with a handle for easy carrying.
|Forty4 Small Oscillating Tower Fan Specifications|
the measurement of 5.4 x 5.8 x 13 inches
the weight of 2.2 pounds & the built-in handle
The updated turbine technology
Highlighting an ultra-slim design, the Forty4 Small Oscillating Tower Fan easily fits any tight corners of a limited bedroom to deliver limitless oscillation
Tower Fan (Stylish Design): Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan
- Look stylish and modern – sleek, silver design & an LCD screen
- Easy to control the operation time, oscillation direction, and speeds - a 12-hour timer, three-speed settings, and rotary blades
- Powerful and perfect for a large room – the maximum oscillation of 5000CFM
- A bit costly
- Night mode really does not dim the fan control lights
In terms of air velocity, the Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan proves its prowess. It offers three-speed settings with a maximum oscillation up to 5000CFM. But the most noteworthy is that at whichever speed mode, the operation releases hardly any sound, perfect for bedrooms.
For extra convenience, it is built with a 12-hour timer in one-hour increments, controlled by a push of a button. It also comes with a remote control.
But the real star of this tower fan is a stylish design, which suits plenty of bedroom décor schemes, such as minimalist or futuristic.
|Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan Specifications|
sleek, silver design & an LCD screen
a 12-hour timer, three-speed settings, and rotary blades
the maximum oscillation of 5000CFM
If you are a buyer who not only focuses on the product’s quality but also the way it looks when it comes to choosing a quiet tower fan, then the Ozeri Ultra 42” Tower Fan, with its stylish design, might be your favorite pick.
Pedestal Fan (Easy To Assemble): Rowenta VU5670
- Easy to assemble – readable instructions & no technical installing step
- More options to customize to your needs – three-speed modes & Silent Night mode + Turbo Boost mode
- Allow you to control the fan’s functions from distance – the remote control
- Keep everything securely in one spot – the on-board storage
- The blue light indicator is too bright at night
The Rowenta VU5670 is an easy-to-assemble option, which might suit seniors or low-tech people. Although the fan arrives without pre-assembled, it is nothing technical and the instructions are very simple to follow. This task can be done within 5 to 10 minutes.
Speaking of functionality, the fan delivers 5-speed modes, including Silent Night mode for quieter operation while you’re sleeping and Turbo Boost mode for extra power.
There is a remote control included in the package to easily adjust the fan’s speeds and timer, or choose between energy-saving mode or not.
When not in use, just place it on the fan’s on-board storage so it never gets lost somewhere around your house.
|Rowenta VU5670 Specifications|
2436 Cu. Ft./min
readable instructions & no technical installing step
three-speed modes & Silent Night mode + Turbo Boost mode
the remote control
the on-board storage
Want a quiet pedestal fan that’s also easy to assemble? Try the Rowenta VU5670
Pedestal Fan (Energy-Efficient): PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan
- Save energy cost up to 35% than AC motors & quiet operation – the DC motor
- Superior controllability and customizability – 12-speed modes, a 12-hour timer, 24-degree tilt angle, and 85-degree oscillation
- Safe for kids and pets - safety grid, the heavy-duty and big base, and overheat protection
- Not very helpful manuals
The PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan goes for an astonishingly affordable price, and it is also a rare option that features a DC motor. While offering various advantages, the two biggest ones of this motor type are quiet operation and energy efficiency.
Compared to AC motors, it helps save energy costs up to 35% with no compromise of power output.
We’re also surprised at the 12-speed settings, along with a 12-hour timer that it provides. Something that even higher-end models hardly do.
Another cool thing about this fan is height adjustment between 3.5 to 4 feet for optimal coverage. Besides, it offers a 24-degree tilt angle and 85-degree oscillation.
It is also a good choice for those people who have kids or pets thanks to the safety grid, the heavy-duty and big base, and overheat protection.
|PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan Specifications|
the DC motor
12-speed modes, a 12-hour timer, 24-degree tilt angle, and 85-degree oscillation
safety grid, the heavy-duty and big base, and overheat protection
The PELONIS DC Motor Standing Fan is our top recommendation for those people who want to optimize the cost of a new fan for their bedroom.
Pedestal Fan (Best For Light Sleeper): Aikoper Pedestal Fan
- Optimize noise reduction while operating – the DC motor
- Easily customize the fan speed and noise level to your preference – 12-speed settings
- Prevent bothersome light at night - 30s screen auto-off
- Unable to adjust the fan’s height
If you’re a person who wakes up easily, this ultra-quiet pedestal fan is a great solution to enhance your sleep quality. It is built with a DC motor – the type of fan motor that dominants in noise reduction while operating.
There are 12-speed modes to fit your preference. It also has a special function that will be a 30s screen auto off for energy efficiency and preventing bothersome light.
Meanwhile, the five effective blades ensure the fan air velocity to keep you cool during the night.
|Aikoper Pedestal Fan Specifications|
the DC motor
30s screen auto-off
Built to be ultra-quiet, the Aikoper Pedestal Fan is a fantastic choice for light sleepers
How To Choose The Best Quiet Fan For Sleeping?
When you are looking for a quiet fan, the noise level must be one of the top priorities. This factor is measured in dB, and the lower the better.
Most fans will have an indication of noise range corresponding to the minimum and the maximum settings while some manufacturers only reveal the highest noise level possible.
In short, you should find a fan with 30-50dB noise level.
The number of speed options varies among different models. As a rule of thumb, more options are always better as you can apply specific speeds for different room temperatures and overall weather.
The CFM level of a fan indicates the maximum airflow it can produce in a minute. This factor shows you the strength of the wind you get from the fan.
The choice of CFM level should depend on the size of your room. For instance, a 100-square-foot room needs about 1,000 CFM for proper cooling.
It’s worth noting that the higher the CFM level, the louder the fan is. You should keep this in mind when trying to find a quiet fan.
Regarding the type of fans, you can choose one of the following:
- Box fans: these fans are affordable, energy-efficient, portable, making them one of the best options out there.
- Desk-top fans: these fans provide unmatched portability. Due to their small sizes, you can easily direct them to the place you want to cool down the most.
- Pedestal fans: these stand-up fans come with large blades and a lot of power. So, they are suitable for larger spaces but you should look at their noise level carefully. They also don’t cost much or use a lot of power.
- Tower fans: these fans take little space in your room, offer timer settings, and do a great job in keeping you cool at night.
- Ceiling fans: these ones are affordable and a great way to stay cool as you sleep if you like to have a permanent fixture on your ceiling. There are now models that can change their rotation.
Which Brands Make The Best Quiet Fan For Sleeping?
Over the past 100 years, this brand has aimed at improving living spaces for people. It makes fans that not only cool down your room but also make it look better.
Founded in 1909, this brand has confirmed its reliability by supplying products with the highest quality in the industry. It also delivers great designs, performance, and user-friendliness.
Is it safe to sleep with a fan all night?
Normally, there’s no problem leaving your fan on all night as you sleep. In the worst scenario, you will wake up with a dry mouth from all the wind it blows.
Does fan noise help sleep?
At a low level, fan noise can act as white noise, which cancels out other environmental noise and helps you fall asleep better. However, this noise level should not exceed 50 dB.
Can a fan catch fire overnight?
Yes, it can if it gets too hot. But the risk is really low if your fan is in good working condition.
Is sleeping with a fan bad for asthma?
Yes, it can be because electric fans can circulate pollen and dust, which worsens asthma symptoms.
Do fans raise your electric bill?
Yes, of course, but far less than an air conditioner. A ceiling fan consumes around 15-90 watts while a tower fan consumes around 100 watts.
Now that you have gone through this post, we hope you have had an idea of how to choose the best quiet fans for sleeping. With the help of this information, you will be able to get the perfect fan for your bedroom in no time.