All dedicated dog owners want to make sure their four-paw friends are comfortable and cozy during the night when they stay outside. One of the biggest factors that help in choosing the right bedding.
With that in mind, this post is aimed to help you get the best outdoor bedding for dogs.
Here are the best outdoor beddings for dogs you can buy in 2023:
- Polyester Dog Bedding (Easy To Clean): CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed
- Polyester Dog Bedding (Chew Resistant): Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Dog Bed
- Polyester Dog Bedding (Water-Resistant): The Dog's Balls The Dog’s Bed
- Memory Foam Dog Bed (Best For Arthritic Dogs): Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Memory Foam Dog (Best For Senior Dogs): PETMAKER Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Memory Foam Dog (Durable): FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed
|6 Best Outdoor Beddings For Dogs|
Polyester Dog Bedding
|CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed|
Polyester Dog Bedding
|Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Dog Bed|
Polyester Dog Bedding
|The Dog's Balls The Dog’s Bed|
Memory Foam Dog Bed
|Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed|
Memory Foam Dog
|PETMAKER Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed|
Memory Foam Dog
|FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed|
Polyester Dog Bedding (Easy To Clean): CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed
- Easy to clean – made of water-resistant and stain-resistant fabric
- Durable – Oxford material & refined stitching with anti-scratch and claw-resistant characteristics
- Convenient for storage or travel – foldable design
- Not for aggressive chewers
The CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed is our most favorite out of various candidates for medium and large dogs. It’s made of water-resistant, anti-scratch Oxford cloth, along with claw-resistant refined stitching.
Particularly, it is very easy to clean. The whole mat is machine washable or hand-washed.
For stains or watermarks, it is easily wiped using a damp cloth. Meanwhile, the backside is applied with special anti-slip techniques to keep the bed securely in place while your dog is sleeping or turning around on it.
When not in use or for travel, just fold it up and store it in the provided carrying bag. Very convenient!
|CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed Specifications|
L(40" x 32"）
made of water-resistant and stain-resistant fabric
Oxford material & refined stitching with anti-scratch and claw-resistant characteristics
When it comes to outdoor dog bedding, ease of cleaning is an important element to consider. If it is also your top priority while looking for one, the CHEERHUNTING Outdoor Dog Bed is our recommendation.
Polyester Dog Bedding (Chew Resistant): Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Dog Bed
- Durable and chew-resistant – the pet-safe polyester
- Superior durability – the fabric is water-resistant, quick-drying, fade-resistant, and UV-treated
- No need to reposition stuffing after washed - the inner stuffing made to stay in place
- Dog hairs get stuck in the fabric
- The cover can’t be removed
If your dog is an aggressive chewer, this premium quality outdoor bedding might be what you’re after.
Different from other models, it is made of durable, chew-resistant pet-safe polyester that can handle dogs of all sizes (under 80 pounds of weight), their claws, as well as their aggressively chewing habit.
The mat is water-resistant, quick-drying, fade-resistant, and UV-treated for enhanced durability.
A big bonus is regardless of how much the dog moves around, the inner stuffing stays in place. This characteristic also comes in handy when it is machine washed.
|Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Dog Bed Specifications|
20 x 4 x 18 inches
the pet-safe polyester
the fabric is water-resistant, quick-drying, fade-resistant, and UV-treated
the inner stuffing made to stay in place
While most dog bedding can’t handle aggressive chewers, the Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Dog Bed is not a thing. Its cover is strong enough for that habit.
Polyester Dog Bedding (Water-Resistant): The Dog's Balls The Dog’s Bed
- Water-resistant & quick-drying - tightly woven waterproof coated polyester Oxford fabric
- Long-lasting & durable - tough YKK zippers, easy-clean cover, and ZZZZZ embroidery design
- The material is loud when the dogs reposition
- Not for chewers
While all of the polyester dog beds on our list are water-resistant, this one offers the best performance. It is crafted of tightly woven waterproof coated polyester Oxford fabric that not only resists light rains, pet urine, or splash but also dries out quickly.
It dried completely on wash day during our tests and the fabric color holds long even though we had tried machine washing it.
Aside from the fabric, its zippers, stitching, and embroidery are also durable.
Plus, it can be taken along a road trip in your car or easily folded for storage.
|The Dog's Balls The Dog’s Bed Specifications|
39.5 x 27.5"
tightly woven waterproof coated polyester Oxford fabric
tough YKK zippers, easy-clean cover, and ZZZZZ embroidery design
If you’re looking for water-resistant outdoor bedding for your dogs, try The Dog's Balls The Dog’s Bed
Memory Foam Dog Bed (Best For Arthritic Dogs): Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Offer superior joint support and orthopedic – 3/3.5” high memory foam
- Easy to clean – 100% waterproof, removable, machine-washable cover
- Safe and reliable for pet use - CertiPUR-US certified memory foam
- Extra comfort – the ultra-plush fleece top
- Not for aggressive chewers
- It’s loud when the dog moves
For arthritic and senior dogs that need extra supportive bedding, the Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed is worth a try.
It gives a flat, spacious sleeping surface measured by 29/35/41 inches long x 18/22/29 inches wide while the memory foam filling is 3/3.5 inches high. This inner-liner is CertiPUR-US certified, soft, and very supportive, which is perfect for dogs loving to stretch out or curl up.
To save the memory foam from accidents, the cover is made of 100% waterproof material along with durable zippers.
While the top is ultra-plush fleece for extra comfort, the bottom is non-skid.
|Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed Specifications|
35 x 22 x 3 inches
3/3.5” high memory foam
100% waterproof, removable, machine-washable cover
CertiPUR-US certified memory foam
the ultra-plush fleece top
Designed with your pet safety, comfort, and sleep quality in mind, the Bedsure Large Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed is a great candidate for arthritic dogs
Memory Foam Dog (Best For Senior Dogs): PETMAKER Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Deliver gentle support to pressure points, enhancing your dog sleep - 3.5” thick, including 1.75” high density and 1.75” polyurethane memory foam
- Perfect for senior dogs from 40 to 75 pounds of weight – measured by 27” x 36”
- Comfortable – the microsuede layer on top
- A bit pricey
- Inner lining zipper is a little sketchy
Out of various memory foam bedding options, we find this one to be the most comfortable.
It is 3.5” thick, including 1.75” high density and 1.75” polyurethane memory foam that offers gentle support to your dog joints without being too soft to difficultly get up. For extra comfort and softness, it is added with a microsuede layer on top.
The dimensions of this bedding are 27” x 36”, and it is for senior dogs from 40 to 75 pounds of weight.
In terms of the cover, it is quite similar to the Bedsure – removable, 100% waterproof, machine-washable, and the bottom is non-skid.
|PETMAKER Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed Specifications|
36 x 27 x 3.5 inches
3.5” thick, including 1.75” high density and 1.75” polyurethane memory foam
measured by 27” x 36”
the microsuede layer on top
The older the dog, the more comfort they need. For senior dogs, we highly recommend the PETMAKER Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed
Memory Foam Dog (Durable): FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Durable cover that easily combats accidents and is machine-washable
- Ideal for relieving a dog with arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint pain, and body aches – high-density memory foam liner
- The insides of the cover are definitely not water-resistant
FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed might be the most affordable option in this category, and at the same time, it’s the most durable.
We find that its cover has a lot of upgrades to be stronger and better at non-skid properties. It can be machine washed, easy combat accidents, and last very long. Additionally, there is an ultra-plush faux fur on the top for extra comfort.
About the memory foam liner, it is pretty dense compared to other counterparts, which is a good point for relieving a dog with arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint pain, and body aches.
|FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed Specifications|
29'' x 18'' x 3''
high-density memory foam liner
Want a durable memory foam outdoor bedding for your dogs? The FOCUSPET Orthopedic Dog Bed is worth a try
How To Choose The Best Outdoor Bedding For Dogs?
The size of a dog bed is determined based on its weight. So, all you need is to know how much your dog weighs to choose the right size.
Specifically, a dog 1-10 pounds heavy can fit in an XS-sized bed, a dog of 11-25 pounds can fit in an S-sized bed.
Meanwhile, a dog of 26-40 pounds can fit in an M-sized bed, a dog of 41-70 pounds can fit in an L-sized bed, a dog of 71-90 pounds can fit in an XL-sized bed, and a dog of over 91 pounds should fit in an XXL-sized bed.
There are a lot of materials to use as bedding for your dog’s outdoor house, but here are the best options:
- Wood chips: they offer cushioning and warmth for your dog though you need to make sure they are not sharp. They are also easy to remove when it’s necessary.
- Old bedding: this type of material is excellent for dog bedding as it’s comfortable and easy to find around the house.
- Fleece: this material is incredibly soft, warm, and machine-washable.
- Cotton/linen: this material is hypoallergenic, so any dog can use it. Cotton is also breathable and soft to lie on.
As you are looking for outdoor bedding, water resistance is a must. Therefore, you should go with a bedding cover that has this feature. Besides, it should be removable so you can wash it when it gets dirty and fade-resistant so that its color can maintain for more than one season.
Your Dog’s Age
If your dog is young, choosing bedding is easy, but you need to be more careful when you have a senior dog. For older dogs, there should be more padding to avoid hurting their joints.
Comfort & Cozy
Comfort is essential for all dogs no matter if it’s indoors or outdoor bedding. It’s best if you can test the bedding with your own hands to make sure your dog can have a good nap in its bed.
Which Brands Make The Best Outdoor Bedding For Dogs?
The Dog's Balls
This brand offers high-quality products for dogs of all ages and stages. To ensure reliability, it relies on expertise to create the best products.
With this brand, you will find comfortable, warm bedding for your dogs no matter the size. It focuses on using the best material to make sure your dog feels relaxed with a good nap.
What is the best fabric for a dog bed?
The best options include canvas, Crypton fabric, and duck.
Can I put a foam dog bed in the washing machine?
Yes, you can, remember to use wash with cold water.
What laundry detergent is safe for dogs?
You can try using ‘Seventh Generation Free & Clear’ or other detergents sold at pet shops.
How do you get dog urine out of memory foam?
You need to follow these steps:
- Wipe and absorb as much urine as possible using paper towels.
- Mix water with vinegar with a 1:1 ratio and put the liquid in a spray bottle. Spray it all over the soiled area and wipe with paper towels again.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the soiled area.
- Mix 0.25 cups of hydrogen and 1-2 drops of dishwashing detergent. Apply it on top of the baking soda and leave it for 25 minutes then wipe with paper towels.
- Let the mattress dry and vacuum the mix on it.
How often should you wash a dog bed?
You should do this every 1 or 2 weeks.
We hope that this post has helped you understand what matters the most when choosing the best outdoor bedding for dogs. Knowing all the requirements are great, but also remember to buy from a reliable brand so your pet can get the best experience.