It’s never easy to handle the frustrating symptoms caused by allergies, sinus infections, acute sinusitis, or chronic sinusitis.
But the good news is you can fight against them using many easy ways.
One of the simplest yet most effective (also agreed by many sinus experts) is using a humidifier. The six options below are the six best humidifiers for sinus problems picked by our experts. Read on!
Here are the best humidifiers for sinus problems you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier
- Best For Bedroom: BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier
- Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier: Hupro Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier
- Best For Large Room: Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier
- Best For A Medium-Sized Room: Homech Cool Mist Humidifier
- Best For Small Room: NovoLido Mini USB Humidifier
|Top 6 Best Humidifiers For Sinus Problems|
|AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Bedroom
|BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier
|Hupro Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Large Room
|Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For A Medium-Sized Room
|Homech Cool Mist Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Small Room
|NovoLido Mini USB Humidifier||Read Our Review|
Top Fill Humidifiers
Best Overall: AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier
- Deliver healthier mist - advanced Microporous Carbon Filter Core
- Customizable and fun to use – 3 mist modes, 7-color mode, and four timer settings
- Safe – feature auto-shutoff function
- Poor instructions
The AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier is something we absolutely love.
It features a chamber for the oil which is more hygienic than those models that require pitting oil in their tank and leave residue there. Moreover, this humidifier has an advanced Microporous Carbon Filter Core to avoid stains and dust for an absolutely healthy mist.
The tank of this humidifier can contain 3.5 liters of water as maximum and under continuous ample mist, it runs up to 24 hours.
There are three mist modes: Low, Medium, and High to customize to your moisture needs. You’ll also receive four sleep timer of 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours and a 7-color LED mode to create ambiance.
But if you want the light to not disturb your sleep, just turn it off.
For safety, this device is functioned to auto-shutoff when the water rank has been removed or water runs low.
|AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier Specifications|
6.5 x 6.5 x 11 inches
Recommended Room Size
900 square feet
advanced Microporous Carbon Filter Core
SAFETY AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF
All-around performance is the name of the game with our Editors' Choice Award winner and with high scores across the board, the AirExpect Cool Mist Humidifier is an obvious choice.
Best For Bedroom: BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier
- Multifunctional – the aromatherapy box
- Run quietly – deep sleep mode
- The sensitivity of the button is not consistent
- Use lots of water, even at low setting
For those who want to improve your night’s slumber quality, the BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier is worth considering.
It has a 4-liter water tank with three mist modes that can work continuously up to 28 hours and will automatically shut off when the water runs out. More than just an ordinary humidifier, its Aromatherapy Box allows you to enjoy the essential oil fragrance and mist at the same time.
Furthermore, it features Deep Sleep Mode, which makes the device itself quieter by fitting with ultrasonic vibrating diaphragms to release tinier drips of water into the air.
Like other humidifiers, this unit requires regular maintenance to avoid dust and grime build-up in the water tank but rest assured, it’s very easy to hand clean and dry.
|BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier Specifications|
12.5 x 9 x 7.5 inches
Recommended Room Size
10-30 m²/ 107-322 ft²
An Aromatherapy Box
Deep Sleep Mode
The best humidifier for the bedroom should run more quietly with no compromises of mist diffusing performance. After testing out a bunch of models, we chose the BAYKA Cool Mist Humidifier.
Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier: Hupro Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier
- Extra-convenient – 12-hour timer, touch button control, & remote controller
- Effective & safe – provide both cool and warm mist. Warm mist is 140 degrees
- Prevent leak – feature top filling leakproof
- The remote controller could be more responsive
- The information on this unit is not complete
Warm mist! It is very good for people who have dry membranes causing bloody noses and for those who don’t know, it also helps fight against COVID-19.
Out of many warm humidifiers we’ve tested, this absolutely stands out.
The warm mist created by this device is 140 degrees, which is the favorable temp for the human respiratory system. Particularly, it doesn’t cause burns/injuries if getting too close, which is definitely safe for pets and children.
You can combine this function with the provided Sleep Mode for the best results. Two big bonuses are the 12-hour timer and remote control provision.
|Hupro Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier Specifications|
14 x 11.2 x 10.5 inches
Recommended Room Size
500 sq ft
Cool & warm (up to 140°F!) mist
If you’re seeking the best warm humidifier to soothe your dry membranes, the Hupro Premium Ultrasonic is the shiniest candidate.
Bottom Fill Humidifiers
Best For Large Room: Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier
- Ideal for rooms of 20-40 m² / 215-430 ft² - feature a 6-liter water tank and playtime of up to 60 hours
- Safe to use – low water warning
- Easy to clean – 90mm water inlet
- A bit pricey
- Unclear directions
- They should have made the power cord detachable for easier cleanup
The Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier is specifically designed for larger rooms. It highlights a 1.6gal or 6L water tank that can constantly run within 20 to 60 hours depending on the mist mode chosen.
With such enormous productivity, it is perfect for rooms up to 430 square feet or 40 square meters.
The biggest selling point of this baby monster is it runs quietly – only 26 decibels, which is perfect for bedrooms and baby rooms.
When the water runs low, the LED indicator shines red to warn you about that and if the water isn’t refilled in time, it will automatically shut off for safety. If the cleanup is one of your biggest concerns, rest the heart, this device features a 90mm water inlet.
|Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier Specifications|
10.2 x 7 x 16.3 inches
Recommended Room Size
20-40 m² / 215-430 ft²
Low Water Warning
Optional Night Light
90mm Water Inlet
6L Tank Capacity & Mist Adjustable
Designed with an extra-large water tank and adjustable mist, the Miroco Cool Mist Humidifier is best for large spaces.
Best For A Medium-Sized Room: Homech Cool Mist Humidifier
- Consistent mist spreading without wetting electronic devices - the 360-degree rotating nozzle
- Simple maintenance and water refilling – 95mm water inlet
- Ideal for rooms of 20-40 m² / 215-430 ft² - a 4-liter water tank
- No timer
The Homech Cool Mist Humidifier is a perfect choice for a medium-sized room, around 20-40 m² / 215-430 ft².
The reason lies in its 4-liter water tank which can last up to 50 hours of working and the 360°degree rotating nozzle that distributes a mist height of 2 feet for more expanded spreading. Besides, this advanced nozzle design prevents your electronic gadgets like laptops from getting wet.
One notable thing about this device is its 95mm water inlet that you can fit your hand into for easier cleanup or rest assured to fill water with no spillage.
|Homech Cool Mist Humidifier Specifications|
10.2 x 6.5 x 13.3 inches
Recommended Room Size
20-40 m² / 215-430 ft²
360-degree rotating nozzle
95mm Water Inlet
If you’re in search of a humidifier for your medium-sized room, check out the Homech Cool Mist Humidifier.
Best For Small Room: NovoLido Mini USB Humidifier
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to transport
- User-friendly – one-button operation and replaceable filter
- Convenient – USB powered port
- Trustworthy and safe - CE Certification and RoHS qualified
- A bit tricky to get the top off and on
- Incoherent manual
The last model in our reviews is an obvious choice for small rooms.
It features a 180ml water tank with spray mist efficiency of 30ml/h, therefore, in continuous running mode, it lasts up to 5 hours.
Because of the smaller capacity, the device itself is designed to be smaller as well. It is measured by only 5.74''×2.59''×2.59" and weighs 5 ounces so that you can easily bring it from one room to another and place it anywhere.
The best thing about this design is its Micro USB 5V port that you can connect to power it through your laptop, which is incredibly convenient. If you care about the safety level, the goods new is this humidifier is CE Certification and RoHS qualified.
|NovoLido Mini USB Humidifier Specifications|
One more free filter in the package
Handheld Size & USB Powered
Compact, lightweight, safe to use, and especially, very functional, the NovoLido Mini USB Humidifier is worth a try for small rooms.
How To Choose The Best Humidifiers For Sinus Problems?
- This element is paramount when choosing the right humidifier and it must be considered first. Room dimensions are key to decide the tank capacity and humidification performance of a humidifier.
- As a basic rule of thumb, the larger the room, the bigger the tank capacity and the more powerful humidification the machine.
- Most humidifier manufacturers indicate the recommended room size for their products. Your task is to measure the room area you intend to place it in. Multiply the width and length of this room (whether in feet or meters).
- If the suggested room size on the humidifier label is in m3. Just multiply the room area with its ceiling height. For example, a room that has 10’ wide, 15’ long, and 10’ high has a volume of 10x15x10 = 1500 m3.
- Don’t go for an overly big humidifier because too much moisture in a room will lead to the risks of mold and mildew growth.
Water Tank Capacity
- It is equivalent to the amount of water the humidifier’s tank can accommodate.
- The smaller the device, the smaller the water tank, leading to a smaller amount of water it can hold. Water tank capacity is also an indirect feature affecting the runtime of your machine.
- While the room dimensions partly impact on the choice of water tank capacity, it mostly depends on your preference.
- Do you like to refill water every day or want something that can run continuously within 2-3 days before running out of water?
- You might think most people love going for the second option but in fact, the majority prefer the first one because larger water tank capacity means the higher chance for mold growth. If you still a big one, consider an additional filtration system to trap such mold and mildew.
- Remember, your goal is to increase the moisture and humidity in the air, but that “moisture and humidity” must be clean, not dirty.
Types Of Mist
- For sinus problems, the humidifiers feature two mist options: cool mist and warm mist. It is varied among different models. Some only produce cool mist while others feature two.
- Cool mist humidifiers run more quietly and are much cheaper while the warm mist provides more moisture. One notable thing that makes warm mist humidifiers superior to its counterpart is as producing steam, they can kill bacteria and mold in the air.
- For the best results in soothing the sinus problems, humidifiers should be run day and night or whenever you’re at home.
- However, if you are a clumsy person who usually forgets to turn off the machine whenever going out, considering a model equipped with appropriate runtime settings is essential. It is not just a convenient feature but also for your safety.
- Think about it, what would happen if your humidifier runs out of the water and it can’t automatically shut down?
- Most devices nowadays are programmed to give you 2, 4, 6, 8, or up to 12 hours of constant runtime. During this operating period of time, just make sure its water tank isn’t empty.
Light indicator & auto-shutoff function
- These two features are for souped-up safety.
- When the tank runs out of the water, an LED light indicator will change its color to tell you it’s time to refill water. The auto-shutoff function is activated after a certain amount of time if detecting no water is added to its tank.
Which Brands Make The Best Humidifiers For Sinus Problems?
- Hupro is a brand dedicated to manufacturing humidifiers. All of their products are backed by a 1-year warranty and money-back guarantee with 24/7 customer assistance. Moreover, they’re renowned for the signature HuPro cutting edge ultrasonic technology.
- Miroco is specializing in home appliances powered by designs that customers always feel proud to display them in their home. Founded in 2013, Miroco products are quickly favorited by their incredibly low price ranges, good quality and warranty, and performance.
- Homech is a quite a young company but we extremely admire their in-depth knowledge and experience in manufacturing humidifiers. Their products aren’t just affordable but also outstanding in design and ability to improve the air quality.
Do humidifiers help with sinus problems?
Yes, they do.
Sinusitis experts agree that by providing extra humidity into the air, it helps nasal congestion.
How long can a humidifier last?
Is cool mist or warm mist better?
Both types have their own advantages.
The cool mist gets rid of impurities better by using filters and cool mist humidifiers run more quietly than the warm mist design.
In turn, it can’t kill bacteria as efficiently as the warm mist because it doesn’t produce steam. Besides, the level of moisture of warm mist humidifiers is higher.
Should humidifier run all night?
Yes, it should.
The humidifier itself is designed to capably run day and night as long as the water tank doesn’t run out. It’d best if you choose a machine with timer settings and water runout alarm function.
How often should you clean a humidifier?
Everyday. Give it a deep clean once a week by using a 10% bleach solution or vinegar.
There are dozens of humidifiers available each year, which means narrowing down your options can be a real challenge. We hope that through our in-depth, side-by-side testing that we offer up information to make your choice process a bit simpler.
This is the end of our article about how to choose the best humidifier for sinus problems.
Thanks for reading!