Excessively dry air is one of the most common causes of allergies. If this is your case, you need to improve the quality of air at home by using the best humidifier for allergies.
First, take a look at my top picks in this article:
Here are the best humidifiers for allergies you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: GENIANI Top fill humidifier
- Ultra-Quiet Machine: LEVOIT top fill humidifier
- Best For Large Rooms: Hupro top fill humidifier
- Best Overall: Crane bottom fill humidifier
- Best For Bedroom: LEVOIT bottom fill humidifier
- Best For Baby Rooms: Elechomes UC5501 bottom fill humidifier
|Top 6 Best Humidifiers For Allergies|
|GENIANI Top fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
|LEVOIT top fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Large Rooms
|Hupro top fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
|Crane bottom fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Bedroom
|LEVOIT bottom fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
Best For Baby Rooms
|Elechomes UC5501 bottom fill humidifier||Read Our Review|
Top Fill Humidifiers
Top-fill humidifier requires you to refill by pouring water in the small insert at the top.
Best Overall: GENIANI Top fill humidifier
- Easy to use and clean
- Shut down automatically
- Beautiful design
- Possible to moisturize a big room for a long time
- Produces white dust
GENIANI can meet all requirements of a standard humidifier for allergies. It releases steam into the air to increase the high level of humidity and help you relieve your uncomfortable symptoms of allergies.
This is a humidifier, but you can use it as a diffuser as well. What can you do with this function?
Prepare your favorite essential oils; for instance, lavender is good to support sleep. The machine disperses all particles at a comfortable concentration for pleasant-smelling ambiance, resulting in your deep sleep.
What's more, it has a built-in intelligent sensor, which allows you to adjust a suitable moisturizing speed among 3 settings (low, medium, and high).
If you use this humidifier at night in your bedroom, you don't have to worry that it can affect your sleep. Its noise level is only 38dB, working as quiet as a ticking clock.
|GENIANI Top fill humidifier Specifications|
12.4 x 9.4 x 6.7 inches
Recommended Room Size
2-in-1 humidifier and diffuser
Built-in intelligent sensor
GENIANI top fill humidifier is a great choice for a large bedroom.
Ultra-Quiet Machine: LEVOIT top fill humidifier
- Easy to adjust mist level
- Simple to clean
- Without cleaning regularly, you can smell mildew
LEVOIT top fill humidifier is the quietest machine all over the world.
Am I telling the truth?
Let me prove it:
Compared to GENIANI, the noise level of LEVOIT is lower (28 dB). This is the "whisper-quiet" range, producing a soothing sound. Thus, even you hear this sound, it won't affect your sleep.
Light and sound have a major effect on your sleep. Now, you know that noise is no longer a problem. But how about light? When you are sleeping, its sleep mode will turn off all display lights and apply the humidity sensor to maintain your comfortable humidity level automatically.
|LEVOIT top fill humidifier Specifications|
7 x 7 x 10.6 inches
Recommended Room Size
Spiral air-duct technology, built-in humidity sensor, 2-in-1 humidifier & diffuser
If you don't want to bother anyone while using your humidifier, LEVOIT brings quiet experiences.
Best For Large Rooms: Hupro top fill humidifier
- Fast to refill
- Easy to clean and operate
- Safe to use because of the auto shut-off function
- Bright control panel at night
The coverage area plays a vital role in choosing the best humidifier. A low level of coverage area can't help you humidify the air to the desired level for a big room. Thus, you should invest in the Hupro top fill humidifier, which can perfectly cover a room up to 377sq. ft.
Moreover, its 3L capacity allows the machine to work up to 36 hours at the lowest speed constantly.
Basically, this cool mist humidifier can help you relieve some uncomfortable symptoms of flu and cold. In particular, it is able to keep yourself from congestion and allergies. Besides, the model is designed for the in-built aroma tray, which allows you to enjoy natural aroma oil for relaxing.
Although this machine requires a large amount of water to emit moist air into your big room, it won't damage your wood floors or make it wet. You can adjust a suitable level of mist output among three settings.
|Hupro top fill humidifier Specifications|
12.6 x 7.2 x 7.2 inches
Recommended Room Size
Advanced humidification system
Aroma diffuser & air filter
Are you looking for the proper size of humidifier for your large room, consider Hupro top fill humidifier.
Bottom Fill Humidifiers
You will refill this humidifier at the bottom, so it takes you more effort on your end.
Best Overall: Crane bottom fill humidifier
- Small water volume
What can the Crane bottom fill humidifier give you?
It comes with many outstanding features: quiet operation, easy cleanup, and great performance.
The various speed settings allow you to adjust an appropriate humidity level, which works well for allergy sufferers, depending on how stuffy your room is. Furthermore, you can point the mist in any direction thanks to the adjustable 360-degree mist lid.
Apart from increasing moisture to reduce symptoms of allergies, its clean control anti-microbial material can minimize the buildup of mold and bacteria up to 99.96%.
The bottom fill tank is detachable, so cleaning this machine is a breeze. Moreover, you can remove the water level sensor and cap for cleaning as well.
|Crane bottom fill humidifier Specifications|
8.6 x 13.4 x 8.6 inches
Recommended Room Size
500 square feet
Variable speed settings
Clean control anti-microbial material
Crane is an ideal solution for the bedroom, baby nursery, and offices, which require a quiet atmosphere.
Best For Bedroom: LEVOIT bottom fill humidifier
- Safe to use because of the auto-shutoff feature
- Easy to control
- Simple to clean
- Strong plastic odor
When choosing the best humidifier for the bedroom, make sure that the produced light and noise level won't disrupt your sleep.
If these elements are what you are looking for, you are in the right place.
Most of you might know evaporative humidifiers, which operate with fans, producing a lot of noise. Unlike this type of humidifier, the ultrasonic LEVOIT machine uses high-frequency vibrations to fill the air in your room with mist. So, it emits under 30 decibels of noise, which is the sound level of soft whisper without affecting your sleep. What's more, you can completely turn off the display for your deeper sleep. What you have to do is to hold the auto button, and it will be dark.
If you want to add essential oil for a fresh-smelling aroma in your room to get better sleep, you can use the function of the essential oil diffuser.
|LEVOIT bottom fill humidifier Specifications|
11.3 x 7 x 10.5 inches
Recommended Room Size
Near-silent noise levels and a display-off feature
Convenient remote control
LEVOIT bottom fill humidifier works well in your bedroom because of the quiet operation.
Best For Baby Rooms: Elechomes UC5501 bottom fill humidifier
- Possible to adjust automatically
- Sleek design
- Easy to use
- Consumes a lot of power
Babies are very sensitive, so you must be careful when choosing a humidifier for baby rooms.
The Elechomes humidifier can moisturize the air to minimize symptoms of allergies. Besides, this machine fits a baby room for some reasons:
This ultrasonic humidifier works based on vibration in place of a fan, so it won't create a lot of noise, affecting your baby's sleep. When you set your model to sleep mode, you can turn off the LED light; especially the noise level is under 34dB.
Many of you might know about the danger of a steam humidifier, which creates water vapor by boiling water. Unlike that machine, Elechomes UC5501 won't generate any heat, so it is an ideal solution for the baby room.
|Elechomes UC5501 bottom fill humidifier Specifications|
11.6 x 7.7 x 11 inches
Recommended Room Size
360°adjustable dual nozzles
Built-in humidity sensor
Cool mist moistens
This humidifier can decrease parents' concern for their babies' sleep.
How To Choose The Best Humidifiers For Allergies?
It's not easy to choose the best humidifier for allergies among a variety of models available on the market. Therefore, consider the following elements before buying:
Types Of Humidifiers
The humidifier has 4 types as follows:
Cool mist humidifier
Warm mist humidifier
Warm Mist Humidifier
- As the name suggests, this type of machine produces warm mist for smoothing the air. It creates clean air quietly, so I strongly recommend you use it in the bedroom. However, this model requires more time and effort on your end for maintenance.
Cool Mist Humidifier
- This machine is designed with a filter, which helps you trap all minerals and pollutants to produce a very fine and cool mist. In particular, it has better coverage than warm mist. Thus, you can use it in the baby room where it requires a high level of clean air. Although you need to replace the filters frequently, it's effortless to clean them.
- This model is for heavy-duty tasks because it is able to cover a large space. Though the installation requires you to spend more time, the performance is very effective. It can help you humidify your whole house with minimal maintenance. This machine operates with a tank that just requires you to refill every few days.
- This is a safe choice for the baby room because it won't humidify by creating heat. Instead, the ultrasonic model will vibrate a metal diaphragm at an ultrasonic frequency, generating water to output into the air. Apart from safety, these machines are pretty quiet and easy to clean.
- Before purchasing any humidifier, you have to determine your product's coverage capability in square feet. This feature tells you whether it works well in a small or big room. The majority of single-room humidifiers reach from 200 to 500 square feet. Meanwhile, you can expect some whole-house humidifiers to reach more than 4000 square feet.
- If you don't clean and maintain your humidifier correctly, the accumulated mold and bacteria will disperse into the air. In case you use a machine with UV or Silver Clean Protection technology, it can prevent the development of bacteria.
Which Brands Make The Best Humidifiers For Allergies?
- GENIANI company comes with a solid reputation and experience because of its unique technologies as well as modern designs, for example, the Ultrasonic Whisper Quiet Technology. You can easily buy high-quality GENIANI humidifiers, diffusers, and heating pads.
- LEVOIT company has continuously developed its products about both quality and design to provide its customers with a clean and inviting atmosphere.
- Pentair Hypro has produced and developed different types of products, such as spray pumps, spray nozzles, and spray accessories. All of them are good enough to help you complete your tasks.
- Crane is a newly founded humidifier company, which focuses on producing premium quality machines. You will be surprised with its innovative technology and ground-breaking designs.
- Elechomes is known as a premium company, which provides its customers with smart home appliances.
Do humidifiers help with allergies?
Yes, they can. Humidifiers increase the humidity level in the air to help you relieve uncomfortable symptoms of allergies.
Is cool mist or warm mist humidifier better?
This depends on your purposes. Both of them can add moisture to the air to relieve symptoms of allergies.
The warm mist machine is more effective in minimizing bacteria and germs. However, the latter is safer because its operation won't cause burn risk for your babies and pets.
Is it good to sleep with a humidifier?
As you might deduce, the humidifier is good for your sleep, but it has some potential drawbacks.
If you let your machine run all night, it might produce too much moisture in the air. This thing results in the buildup of mold on the walls and windows.
The warm mist humidifier without the auto-shutoff feature can have a risk of fire.
How do you fill a crane drop humidifier?
After turning the water tank upside down, simply unscrew the cap to fill with cool water.
How long should a humidifier last?
This is different from model to model, mainly, the lifespan of a humidifier also depends on your maintenance. In general, most models can last 2-5 years.
The best humidifier for allergies can increase the humidity level in your room to relieve your uncomfortable symptoms of allergies. However, each model is designed for different purposes. Some are for large rooms with a bit high noise level; others work safely and quietly.