It’s a great idea to add a floor lamp to your living room. It not only complements the entire space but also comes in handy for certain tasks like reading. However, if you want to buy a floor lamp, there are a number of criteria that have to be taken into account.
With that in mind, we have compiled a detailed guide on choosing the best floor lamps for living rooms.
Here are the best floor lamps for living room you can buy in 2021:
- Easy To Assemble: JOOFO Floor Lamp for Living Room
- Energy Saving: Joofo Living Room Floor Lamp
- Stylish Design: BoostArea Floor Lamp for Bedroom, Living Room
- Best For Large Rooms: Lakumu Industrial Floor Lamp for Living Room
- Vintage Design: Brightech Sophia - Free Standing Elegant Floor Lamp for Living Rooms
- Traditional Style: Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp
|6 Best Floor Lamps For Living Room|
Easy To Assemble
|JOOFO Floor Lamp for Living Room|
|Joofo Living Room Floor Lamp|
|BoostArea Floor Lamp for Bedroom, Living Room|
Best For Large Rooms
|Lakumu Industrial Floor Lamp for Living Room|
|Brightech Sophia - Free Standing Elegant Floor Lamp for Living Rooms|
|Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp|
Easy To Assemble: JOOFO Floor Lamp for Living Room
- Controllable and easy to use - stepless dimming from 5% to 100%, three color temperatures from 3000K to 5000K, & 2 control ways
- Protect the user’s eyes from harsh, direct light – the 350-degree rotary shade & tiltable top
- Simple to install
- The only way to rotate the head is by touching the light itself
The very first option in this list is specifically for beginners or people who often find themselves struggling in installing things.
It is a breeze to set up! The main part has the lights already assembled. All you need to do is screwing together each of the poles, then attaching it to the base.
This floor lamp is also easy to use as well. It gives stepless dimming from 5% to 100%, three color temperatures from 3000K to 5000K, all can be controlled by different ways (either through a remote control or by long touch).
The shade is 350-degree rotary while the top is tiltable so it saves your eyes from harsh brightness or glare.
|JOOFO Floor Lamp for Living Room Specifications|
Base: 9 1/2" diameter, 1" height
Lamp: 67 inches tall
stepless dimming from 5% to 100%, three color temperatures from 3000K to 5000K, & 2 control ways
the 350-degree rotary shade & tiltable top
If you’re looking for an easy-to-assemble floor lamp for your living room, check out the JOOFO Floor Lamp for Living Rooms.
Energy Saving: Joofo Living Room Floor Lamp
- Save your electricity bills up to 90% – the operation power is 9 watts
- Very bright and customizable – the 800-lumen luminous flux & three color temperatures
- Feel sturdy and well-built – metal construction & heavy base
- The shade could be more solid
- The chain needs improvement
For those who care about operation costs while using a floor lamp and want to optimize it as much as possible, this is an exceptional choice.
It is built with an LED light bulb that consumes only 9 watts every hour, saving your electricity bills up to 90%. Yet, it offers 800-lumen brightness with three color temperatures – 3000K, 4000K, and 6000K, which is perfect for working or reading.
The best part is, despite a competitive price tag, it gives a well-built and solid feel thanks to the metal construction with a heavy-enough base.
We also quite love the design. It is definitely suitable for mid-century farmhouses and modern houses.
|Joofo Living Room Floor Lamp Specifications|
9 Watt (Max 60 Watts)
the operation power is 9 watts
the 800-lumen luminous flux & three color temperatures
metal construction & heavy base
Built with a 9W LED light bulb, the Joofo Living Room Floor Lamp is the most energy-saving option in our review roster
Stylish Design: BoostArea Floor Lamp for Bedroom, Living Room
- Suit different décor styles – stylish design
- Multifunctional – include a 9W floor lamp and a 4W reading lamp with adjustable gooseneck
- Flexible and easy to control two lights – compatible with smart devices or controlled by a wall switch
- The switch seems a bit low quality
Purpose-built to be capable of fitting well with various living space décor styles, such as contemporary, casual, mid-century modern, or urban, this floor lamp is not just something adding light to your room but also a nice decoration.
The space-saving design, on the other hand, allows it to easily fit in any tight corner around your living room or behind a sofa.
Making it outstanding is the unique, creative combination of a 9W floor lamp and a 4W reading lamp with an adjustable gooseneck. They can be controlled separately according to your needs, which is a big bonus.
One cool thing is that you can pair it with other smart devices to control the lamp’s brightness, color temperatures, and more through a smartphone. Otherwise, it can be adjusted through a wall switch.
|BoostArea Floor Lamp for Bedroom, Living Room Specifications|
Lamp: 70.7"" tall
Base: 1.38 inches tall & 8.66 inches base
include a 9W floor lamp and a 4W reading lamp with adjustable gooseneck
compatible with smart devices or controlled by a wall switch
For those who are seeking a stylish floor lamp design for their living room, we highly recommend the BoostArea Floor Lamp for Bedroom, Living Room
Best For Large Rooms: Lakumu Industrial Floor Lamp for Living Room
- Perfect for large rooms – the brightness of 450 lumens & three 2700K ST58 LED bulbs
- Make you feel relaxed with no harsh brightness – offer 360-degree stable lighting
- Never fall off suddenly & safe for those houses with kids or pets - hefty wide base, the straight pole with no swing, and the superior metal light cages
- A bit difficult to screw in the tiny screws that tighten the arms
For large living rooms, this floor lamp is an appropriate option.
It is tall and constructed with three 2700K ST58 LED bulbs with 450 lumens of brightness and 25000 hours of lifespan. By offering 360-degree stable lighting, it makes you feel relaxed with no harsh brightness like the traditional fixtures.
It’s also sturdy and durable due to the hefty wide base, the straight pole with no swing, and the superior metal light cages that are never bent. If you have pets or kids in your house, it is safe enough to use.
|Lakumu Industrial Floor Lamp for Living Room Specifications|
Lamp: 68.5 inches tall
the brightness of 450 lumens & three 2700K ST58 LED bulbs
offer 360-degree stable lighting
hefty wide base, the straight pole with no swing, and the superior metal light cages
According to the exceptional brightness and dimensions, the Lakumu Industrial Floor Lamp for Living Room is our pick for large rooms
Vintage Design: Brightech Sophia - Free Standing Elegant Floor Lamp for Living Rooms
- Durable and reliable – backed by a 3-year warranty & the LED technology
- Suit various décor schemes – vintage design
- Convenient to use - smart outlet & wall switch compatible
- The paint job is not high-quality
This vintage floor lamp, unlike most other counterparts, is both beautiful and functional. While giving relaxing, shaded light, its delicate form looks elegant and eye-catching in any décor schemes, from mid-century modern, vintage, art deco, to contemporary and modern.
It gives off 800 lumens of brightness with three color temperatures, and thanks to the LED technology application, it can last over 20 years with no overheating or burning out issues.
Brightech keeps proud of the durability of their products, which is the reason they offer an up to the three-year warranty.
|Brightech Sophia - Free Standing Elegant Floor Lamp for Living Rooms Specifications|
Base Dimensions-9” wide, 2” tall
Shade Dimensions - 13” wide, 11” tall
Height - 64”
backed by a 3-year warranty & the LED technology
smart outlet & wall switch compatible
Don’t overlook the Brightech Sophia if you are in need of a vintage floor lamp for your living room.
Traditional Style: Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp
- Bring timeless and vintage look - frosted glass shade and metal construction with brushed nickel finish
- Compact and perfect for small corners – dimensions of 69.75” x 15.75” x 15.75”
- A bit costly
- The plastic disc under the base is slightly wobble
Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp is another option for a vintage look. However, this one is more about traditional style with frosted glass shade and metal construction with a brushed nickel finish that does lighten up the room.
It gives a timeless look and easily blends into any background.
It is measured by 69.75” x 15.75” x 15.75”, which is relatively compact to fit any spot around your living room, whether small or large.
|Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp Specifications|
15.75"W x 15.75"D x 69.75"H
the frosted glass shade and metal construction with brushed nickel finish
dimensions of 69.75” x 15.75” x 15.75”
Check out the Ravenna Home Frosted Glass Living Room Standing Floor Lamp if you are finding a traditional-style floor lamp for your living room
How To Choose The Best Floor Lamp For Living Room?
When shopping for a floor lamp, you need to first choose a type of lamp based on your purpose of use.
- Ambient floor lamp: as the most common type, this one provides general light for space. It often features a traditional lampshade to diffuse light for semi-direct illumination, suitable for a living room corner or next to a sofa.
- Reading floor lamp: this type provides more focused, direct light than other types and features a flexible arm along with other adjustment capabilities.
- Uplight, torchiere floor lamp: while this type has a similar structure to that of traditional lamps, it comes with upward-pointing shades. It helps add dimension to your walls and corners.
- Arc floor lamp: this type is a combination of an ambient and a reading lamp. You can adjust the light direction by moving the shade to where you want it to illuminate, making it a perfect choice for task lighting.
Amount Of Light Needed
The next factor to consider is how much light you need, which largely depends on what you use the lamp for. For example, you need a lower lighting level and height for reading. On the other hand, to brighten up a room, you should opt for a taller model with a brighter bulb.
Width & Height
Now, you need to think of the space available for the new lamp to choose a fitting model. A torchiere or shaded lamp tends to require less space while an arc model takes up more space.
Meanwhile, when considering the height, keep in mind what you use the lamp for. Task lighting often involves a lower, more focused light while ambient lighting needs a larger height for wider coverage.
Once you have narrowed down the most potential, it’s time to think of other factors. The color and design are probably the easiest things to decide as you just have to make sure the lamp fits the entire room and your own taste.
In addition, the scale of the lamp depends on the size of your room or the area you want to illuminate.
Which Brands Make The Best Floor Lamp For Living Room?
With the aim of warming and brightening your home, this brand offers a wide range of lamps for you to choose from with various designs and durable materials.
If you like traditional designs, this can be your go-to place. Its lamps are designed by combining traditional and modern looks.
Through innovation and 8 years of experience in the industry, this brand creates designer lamps that are both aesthetic and durable. You will surely find your perfect lamp here.
Are floor lamps dangerous?
While this is not very common, floor lamps can cause danger in certain situations like twisted wires that lead to electric shocks. Specifically, a torchiere floor lamp can pose the risk of fire hazard as their halogen bulbs are much hotter than LED bulbs.
Can a floor lamp light a room?
Yes, they can, depending on the model.
Are lamps a fire hazard?
Yes, they are if you leave them unattended for too long.
Is it safe to leave a floor lamp on all night?
In most cases, you can leave a floor lamp on during the night unless it has a halogen bulb exposed to the air.
Do floor lamps attract bugs?
They may not always do, but different types of bugs are lured by different wavelengths, so floor lamps do attract bugs in certain cases.
You have reached the end of our complete guide on buying the best floor lamps for living rooms. We hope that you have memorized all the important factors listed in this post and will be able to buy the right model.