Whenever looking for a restful night’s sleep, a comforter is one of the very first things added to your to-do list, no matter the season. Yes, no matter the season, even during summer months.
Many people still prefer to have something to cover them while sleeping although it’s scorching hot out there. In such a case, you need a special comforter and below are the 6 best down alternative comforters for summer:
Here are the down alternative comforters for summer you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series Goose Down Alternative Comforter
- Lightweight: TEKAMON Queen Comforter Summer Cool Soft Quilted Down Alternative
- Long-Lasting: EASELAND All Season Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter
- Best For Sensitive Skin: Edilly Bamboo Down Alternative Quilted Queen Comforter
- Ultra-Soft: Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter
- Best For Allergies: Bare Home Reversible Comforter
|Best Down Alternative Comforter For Summer: Top 6 Picks|
|Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series Goose Down Alternative Comforter||Read Our Review|
|TEKAMON Queen Comforter Summer Cool Soft Quilted Down Alternative||Read Our Review|
|EASELAND All Season Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter||Read Our Review|
Best For Sensitive Skin
|Edilly Bamboo Down Alternative Quilted Queen Comforter||Read Our Review|
|Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter||Read Our Review|
Best For Allergies
|Bare Home Reversible Comforter||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series Goose Down Alternative Comforter
- Soothe allergy or asthma symptoms – hypo-allergenic properties
- Long-lasting – durable hems
- Not true colors
Don’t miss out on this luxurious down alternative comforter that will keep you soft and curdle for a reasonable price.
Nice and light, warm but not hot, it is perfect for the warm season.
The hypo-allergenic properties create a solid barrier to preventing mildew, mold, and dust mites so if you’re an allergy or asthma sufferer, just worry-free to bring this home.
Despite the low price point, the comforter is crafted from high-quality filling, precise stitching, and durable hems to not easily get torn or spill the gut out over time.
|Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series Goose Down Alternative Comforter Specifications|
14.9 x 13.1 x 3.1 inches
synthetic goose feathers
Featuring high-grade down alternative filling with precise stitching and durable hems, the Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series is unbeatably lightweight, soft, allergy-free, and durable, providing the best overall performance.
Lightweight: TEKAMON Queen Comforter Summer Cool Soft Quilted Down Alternative
- Lightweight and fluffy – weigh around 6 pounds
- Long-lasting durability - Machine washable, Expert Craftsmanship & Design, & no clumping or shifting after wash
- Perfect to use all-year-round - polyfill
- Not true to size
- Unclear wash instructions
Made of polyfill, the TEKAMON Queen Comforter delivers decent thermal performance with solid temperature ranges of 32-34 degrees C all-year-round. It delivers toasty warmth during the winter whereas comfortable and breathable to make you sleep soundly in the summer.
For souped-up comfort, there also comes a noise-free brushed microfiber cover with tear- and odor-resistant properties.
Our most favorite thing is its insane lightness but still remains a certain fluffy degree to not pressure you while sleeping.
If you’re concerned about the maintenance, rest assured, it is machine-washable. The expert craftsmanship and durable hems make it extra-endurance to not clump or shift after wash. Besides, no worry about ripping or leakage.
|TEKAMON Queen Comforter Summer Cool Soft Quilted Down Alternative Specifications|
17.4 x 13.3 x 7.7 inches
8 built-in corner and side loops
Expert Craftsmanship & Design
Excellent Thermal Ability & Less Burden
For being an amazingly lightweight down alternative comfort for summer, the TEKAMON Queen Comforter earns a Top Pick Award.
Long-Lasting: EASELAND All Season Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter
- The filling doesn’t shift or clump after the wash – box stitching technology
- Good body temp regulation – EASELAND bamboo fiber materials
- A bit wrinkle after washed
For hot sleepers, the EASELAND All Season Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter is our proud recommendation to help you survive during scorching hot summer months.
Making it different from other counterparts is the EASELAND bamboo fiber filling and cover. If you don’t know about this material, it’s known for superb body temp regulation by pulling moisture away from your skin.
As a result, it provides sound sleeps to you throughout the night.
We also love the box stitching technology applied to this comforter to secure its filling in place during the wash and prevent it from the risks of leakage or lose threads.
|EASELAND All Season Soft Quilted Down Alternative Comforter Specifications|
20 x 19.5 x 4 inches
EASELAND bamboo fiber comforter & Soft Bamboo Fiber Cover
Box stitching technology
EASELAND bamboo fiber comforter
The EASELAND Down Alternative Comforter is an extra-durable model that can be with you for years come with no risks of loose threads, fading, or filling leakage.
Best For Sensitive Skin: Edilly Bamboo Down Alternative Quilted Queen Comforter
- No irritation or redness for sensitive skin – made of brushed microfiber shell & 300 GSM plush Dark Grey microfiber filler
- Multiple options to choose from – 4 sizes available
- Convenient & low-budget to refresh the bedroom look - reversible comforter design
- Easy to maintenance – machine-washable & shrinkage-free after wash
- Miss the tabs in the corners
- Visible box spring
- Wish it was a bit fluffier
Comforters with hidden chemicals are always the enemy of people with sensitive skin or allergies. They cause irritation and redness on the skin, which feels extremely uncomfortable and frustrating.
Understanding it, we finally find out a suitable one for you.
The Queen Comforter is specifically crafted from the brushed polyester shell and 300 GSM plush microfiber fill, which has been endorsed to be safe 100% for sensitive skin.
Besides, this material efficiently regulates body temp and creates nice fluffiness to let you sleep soundly at night with less pressure. The whole comforter is machine-washable – like most other counterparts, but the only difference is this model is shrinkage-free after wash.
|Edilly Bamboo Down Alternative Quilted Queen Comforter Specifications|
16.4 x 12 x 6.7 inches
100% Microfiber Fill & Brushed Polyester Shell
Four sizes available
Reversible comforter design
Double-brushed microfiber shell
300 GSM plush Dark Grey microfiber filler
The double-brushed microfiber shell of this down alternative comforter delivers comfort and safety for sensitive skin, which is more than what we can say for other options in our reviews.
Ultra-Soft: Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter
- Ultra-soft, fluffy, and comfortable - Boxing stitching technology & 160 gsm microfiber material
- Prevent the quilt from leaving and fix the duvet – corner tabs
- Feel a bit flimsy
Some people love feeling like they’re resting on a cloud every night of the week. For them, we suggest the Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter due to its unique box stitching technology applied.
This special feature helps to make the filling ultra-soft and better secure during the wash to not shift or clump.
On the other hand, its 160 GSM microfiber material not only enhances the comforter’s softness but also cuts off some precious heft while adding more breathability.
|Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter Specifications|
16.1 x 6.9 x 5.7 inches
160 gsm microfiber material
Boxing stitching technology
160 gsm microfiber material
Sleeping with Cosybay Down Alternative Comforter during hot nights can’t be more wonderful. You’ll never feel sweating at midnight anymore.
Best For Allergies: Bare Home Reversible Comforter
- 100% allergy-free – made from hypoallergenic microfiber
- Durable and long-lasting – resist fade and wrinkle
- Stylish and convenient – reversible design
- A bit heavy
- Run a bit small
If your old down comforter causes you to a dry throat, runny nose, irritated skin, or itchy red eyes, it’s time to make a switch to a better allergy-free model.
Highlighting 100% hypoallergenic microfiber filling and doubled brushed shell, the Bare Home Reversible Comforter is our choice for you. It is guaranteed to be safe for allergy suffers as well as able to soothe your symptoms immediately.
Thanks to the resistance to mold, mildew, and bacteria, it is also easy to clean as well.
Besides, it’s very stylish with the reversible design, soft, and fluffy to give you deeper and comfier slumber at night.
|Bare Home Reversible Comforter Specifications|
92 x 66 x 1 inches
1800 Ultra Soft Double Brushed 100% Microfiber
100% hypoallergenic microfiber
Uncomfortable allergy symptoms make you sleepless at night? With the Bare Home Reversible Comforter, it happens no more.
How To Choose The Down Alternative Comforters For Summer?
When it comes to considering down alternative comforters, the fill material is the most essential element as it directly impacts your comfort (including soft and cool feeling) when in use.
For hot sleepers, the best fill material of down alternative comforters should be soft for relaxation, limited in insulating power to prevent sweating, and breathable for a souped-up cool feeling.
The three materials below meet all of these key requirements:
But they’re different in the levels of comfort as well as price ranges, resulting in specific strengths and weaknesses:
Limited insulating power
Warm yet high breathability -> can be used all-year-round
Extremely lightweight and soft
Limited insulated power
The most expensive
To find out the right fill material, you need to consider carefully your needs, comfort levels, and budget.
The next worth-considering feature cover materials.
Imagine that if your comforter – no matter how breathable and comfortable of its filling – has an itchy, rough, and even unbreathable shell, isn’t that useless?
After testing extensively, we come to the four final choices of cover materials for hot sleepers:
- Synthetics & blends
We’ve talked about both pros and cons of the three first materials in the previous section. About the synthetics, they’re another popular material in comforter shell materials, known for high softness levels, breathability, and stretching.
The only drawback of this fabric is the lack of softness, which is why some manufacturers blend it with cotton for extra comfort.
Which Brands Make The Down Alternative Comforters For Summer?
Beckham Hotel Collection
- “luxury” and “comfort” are two signature keywords when it comes to the Beckham Hotel Collection’s products. Here, they provide carefully crafted collections that are made from the finest materials to guarantee superior reliability, luxury, and quality.
- TEKAMON is another very popular brand on Amazon where you can find a variety of bedding products, such as sheet set, comforter, blanket, curtain, and mattress pad. Whichever the product line, they all deliver the most comfort and leisure feeling when used.
- This is one of the most favorite picks of many 5-star resorts and hotels around the world based on its highest-rated comforters with the latest innovation. To silently prove their top-notch quality products, Bare Home provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Are down comforters warmer than down alternative?
Yes, they are.
However, if you shop for a comforter due to warmth rating, these differences are accounted for in the classification.
For example, the down and down alternative provides nearly the same warmth levels. It’s just that the down alternative is bulkier to reach the same warmth level as the down.
Are down comforters worth the money?
Yes, they are.
Price aside, the down comforters deliver superior warmth and durability that is hard to beat.
Are down comforters bad for you?
Yes, they are, as long as you have allergies to goose down and feather.
What is a good fill weight for a down alternative comforter?
It depends on your preferences of warmth levels and the comforter’s weight.
- 700-750 fill weight - the warmest insulation level yet heaviest weight
- 650-700 – superior warmth and relatively lightweight
- 600-650 – relatively warmth, lighter in weight, and softer feeling touch
- 550-600 – the lightest weight yet the least warm
Does a down alternative comforter need a cover?
Yes, it does because most down alternative comforters aren’t designed to be machine-washable. It needs a cover for easier maintenance.
While we’ve done our best to give you solid recommendations for the best down alternative comforter for summer, the truth is only the one that matches your needs, budget, and preference is the most suitable option.
We hope that the information provided here has been helpful in your research, and we wish you relaxing sleeping.