Every year, on the occasion of Halloween, almost all people decorate their houses with Jack-O-Lanterns, which are basically carved pumpkins with lights or candles inside.
One can illuminate their pumpkins with traditional candles but there are also multiple options available for you, which is why we have compiled a comprehensive guide on finding the best candles for pumpkins.
Here are the best candles for pumpkins you can buy in 2023:
- Easy To Use: Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb
- Long Lasting: OSHINE Red Flameless Candles
- Ultra Bright: SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights
- Energy-Efficient: CANDLE IDEA Flameless Flickering LED Votive Tealight Candles
- Color Changing: Homemory Small LED Candles
- Real Looking: YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles
|6 Best Candles For Pumpkins|
Easy To Use
|Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb|
|OSHINE Red Flameless Candles|
|SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights|
|CANDLE IDEA Flameless Flickering LED Votive Tealight Candles|
|Homemory Small LED Candles|
|YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles|
Easy To Use: Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb
- Easy to use – feature an on/off switch & replaceable battery
- Safe for human & pet health – CE certified
- Wish the light was slightly more of a yellow beige-ish
- Too high flicker rate
The Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb are the easiest to use an LED candle that we’ve tried.
It is built with an on/off switch that can be easily operated by a press of a button. The batteries, while lasting over 100 hours before out of juice, are replaceable by just tabbing at the bottom of the candle.
Running wirelessly, it is a nice choice for pumpkin lighting.
Though made of plastic, these candles are rigorously and thoroughly tested for durability and moreover, they’re extremely safe for human health as well as pet health. They also meet CE safety standards for no risks of fire hazards as well.
|Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb Specifications|
Diameter 1.4inch+ Height 1.25inch
feature an on/off switch & replaceable battery
Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb features a functional power switch and replaceable batteries, making it really easy to use
Long Lasting: OSHINE Red Flameless Candles
- Long-lasting – offer 300 hours of light-time
- Look natural and realistic – a flicker & real paraffin wax material
- Great controllability – feature a 10-button remote & three-option timer
- A bit pricey
Next up is a set of LED candles by OSHINE.
It includes three units with different heights ranging from 4” to 6” at the same diameter of 3.15”. We like them because of the real feeling touch they do give thanks to the real paraffin wax material. Additionally, the flicker makes it look like a real dancing flame.
But the biggest selling point is battery runtime, up to 300 hours before another replacement. The battery kind they use is AA, which is very easy to find.
Another big bonus about these candles is controllability. The LED bulbs feature a timer with three options that can be controlled via a 10-button remote.
|OSHINE Red Flameless Candles Specifications|
3.15 inches in diameter
4 inches, 5 inches, and 6 inches high
offer 300 hours of light-time
a flicker & real paraffin wax material
feature a 10-button remote & three-option timer
The OSHINE Red Flameless Candles offers the longest runtime on our list, up to 300 hours, and the batteries are easy to replace.
Ultra Bright: SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights
- Bring cozy and bright ambiance – give off a strong realistic glow and warm yellow
- High value – include 13 pieces in a set & feature 100-hour batteries
- Fit small pumpkins – the measurement of 1.48
- Each candle uses multiple batteries
We appreciate that the warm yellow and strong realistic glow that these SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights do provide. Brighter than our other picks, it brings a nice, cozy atmosphere for nights chill, or dates.
Although these candles aren’t as high or big as others, they come with 13 pieces in a set and each is operated by a 100-hour battery, which bangs for bucks.
Rest assured, they are safe for human and pet health, along with the assurance of no fire hazards. They’re also durable. According to the manufacturer, the manufacturing pass rate is higher than 99.9%.
|SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights Specifications|
give off a strong realistic glow and warm yellow
include 13 pieces in a set & feature 100-hour batteries
the measurement of 1.48" X 1.45"
Compared to conventional pumpkin candles we’ve tried, the SHYMERY Flameless LED Tea Lights offer the brightest lighting
Energy-Efficient: CANDLE IDEA Flameless Flickering LED Votive Tealight Candles
- High energy efficiency – made of low-energy LED bulbs
- A breeze to control the lighting time – a timer
- High-quality – made of premium-quality flickering IC
- They are prone to be powered on accidentally
- The light could be brighter
For more energy-efficient fake candles for pumpkins, we recommend the CANDLE IDEA. Each set includes 5 units featuring the same measurement of 1.5” (diameter) x 2” (height).
They are all made of low-energy LED bulbs operated by 200-hour light-time CR2032 batteries.
For optimal energy efficiency, the manufacturer made it with a two-option timer: 6 hours and 18 hours, which comes in handy for different uses. Just switch on the bottom of the candle and it will be programmed.
The flicker functions work great, thanks to premium-quality flickering IC, which helps them last longer with realistic looking.
|CANDLE IDEA Flameless Flickering LED Votive Tealight Candles Specifications|
1.5 x 1.5 x 2 inches
made of low-energy LED bulbs
made of premium-quality flickering IC
Made with low-energy LED bulbs, the CANDLE IDEA Flameless Flickering LED Votive Tealight Candles get the highest energy efficiency rating here.
Color Changing: Homemory Small LED Candles
- Offer a more interesting look – feature 7 color changing capability
- Bang for bucks – include 24 packs in a set & batteries
- Do not have a remote control or a timer
These Homemory Small LED Candles not only work great on lighting your pumpkins but also help make them look more colorful. Differing from other picks here, they highlight a 7-color changing feature that will slowly switch between options for a more interesting look.
What surprised us the most is their cost. It can’t be cheaper! For the price, you’ve got up to 24 packs of fake candles with color-changing capability, and batteries are also included.
What else to ask?
|Homemory Small LED Candles Specifications|
1.25 x 1.4 inches (H x Dia )
feature 7 color changing capability
include 24 packs in a set & batteries
For a fun look, we believe you’ll love the Homemory Small LED Candles as they feature color-changing bulbs.
Real Looking: YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles
- Offer like-real wax appearance
- Deliver realistic dancing-flame look – flicker features & bright, yellow glow
- Effortless to use – feature a 6-hour daily cycle timer
- Not for small pumpkins - A bit larger than conventional lights
- No remote control
If you have a higher demand for the flame looking for pumpkin candles, then the YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles are truly your best bet.
While they’re made of plastic, they do not feel like plastic at all. The feeling is smooth, slightly soft, and really like a wax texture. Same with the appearance! They also feature a dancing-flame look, thanks to the added flicker.
We do love that they come with a timer that will continuously run for 6 hours then automatically turn off for the next 18 hours, and it keeps doing that day to day. So, you don’t have to manually turn it on/off every day.
|YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles Specifications|
2” in height
1.7” in diameter
200 glowing hours
flicker features & bright, yellow glow
feature a 6-hour daily cycle timer
It’s hard to tell the difference between the YINCHI Battery Operated LED Votive Candles and true wax candles because they look so real.
How To Choose The Best Candle For Pumpkins?
There are different types of candles and lights you can choose from to light up your pumpkins.
- Flameless candles: these candles are safe to use and have a long battery life, looking like a flickering flame without real fire.
- Multicolor LED light sticks: these come with replaceable batteries as well as multiple operating modes such as flashing, fading in/out, and color changing.
- Color changing pumpkin lights: these lights offer programmable or changing color.
- Motion-activated pumpkin light: these lights will scare your neighbors with their motion-based activation.
- Remote control pumpkin lights: if you want to sit in one place but still be able to control the lights, use this type. The remote control will help you save time and effort.
If you decide to go with traditional candles, looking at their wax ingredients is very important. In most cases, candles are made from petroleum byproduct paraffin, animals, insects, and vegetables.
However, some candles are made from one ingredient like soy but blended with other ingredients like petroleum.
There may also be additional ingredients to create colors, stability, fragrance, or to control the burning characteristics.
If you are concerned about the negative effects of burning candles indoors, you can consider choosing vegetable-based candles instead, which are non-scented, dye-free, and non-pigmented.
For those who put pumpkins indoors as decoration, you can choose a scent based on your use purpose, and preference.
- Ambient scents: depending on the environment, choosing different scents can create the ambiance for space.
- Odor neutralizing scents: some candle scents can help you mask odors such as woody and fresh citrus scents. But coffee is the best scent for neutralizing odors.
Which Brands Make The Best Candle For Pumpkins?
This brand designs and manufactures LED flameless candles. When shopping at Homemory, you will find high-quality products that look a lot like real candles.
If you are looking for remote control candles, you must try this brand. Its products deliver high brightness, a long working time, and energy efficiency.
This brand offers a range of candles that produce warm, romantic lighting. Their candles are also easy to use with remote controls for convenience.
Is it safe to leave a real candle in a pumpkin?
No, we cannot say it’s safe to use real candles in pumpkins because whenever there’s an open flame, there’s a fire risk. In fact, illuminating pumpkins with real candles can lead to a fire hazard.
Are tea lights safe in pumpkins?
No, they are not. The reason is that when drying out, pumpkins can catch fire easily. That means using tea lights in pumpkins poses a huge risk of fire.
How do you light a pumpkin without a candle?
There are a lot of alternatives to candles that can light your pumpkin such as flameless LED candles, multi-color LED light sticks, color-changing pumpkin lights, motion-activated, and remote control pumpkin lights.
Can LED tea lights catch fire?
In most cases, LED tea lights cannot catch fire as LED bulbs are not hot at all. Even when LED bulbs are warm, they can’t produce enough heat to cause a fire and they can’t easily catch fire either.
Can you leave jack o lanterns lit?
If you have taken all safety precautions and use safe lighting methods like LED candles, you can leave your Jack-O-Lanterns lit all day long, even overnight. In general, candles using LED bulbs are safe to use.
Through this post, we hope that you have figured out what candles you want to use in your pumpkins. In order to get the best candles for pumpkins, you need to not only consider these factors carefully but also choose a reliable brand like the ones we recommended here. Good luck!