To make your outdoor space more attractive and interesting, you can just add an outdoor rug on your patio or deck.
If you have decided to buy one, we are here to help you with the next step: choosing the best outdoor rugs for wood decks and patio. This comprehensive guide will show you exactly what to do.
Here are the best outdoor rugs for wood decks & patio you can buy in 2024:
- Fade Resistant: SAND MINE Reversible Mats
- Mildew Resistant: Ming's Mark RA7 Stylish Camping Reversible Classical Patio Mat
- Most Durable: EEZ RV PRODUCTS 9x6b Reversible
- Easy To Clean: AdvenGO Reversi Mats
- Quick-Drying: Gertmenian 21359
- Sophisticated Design: Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat
|6 Best Outdoor Rugs For Wood Decks & Patio
|SAND MINE Reversible Mats
|Ming's Mark RA7 Stylish Camping Reversible Classical Patio Mat
|EEZ RV PRODUCTS 9x6b Reversible
Easy To Clean
|AdvenGO Reversi Mats
|Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat
Fade Resistant: SAND MINE Reversible Mats
- Hold up well against direct sunlight exposure - UV coated virgin polypropylene
- Easy storage – reversible construction
- Perfectly fit different wood deck sizes and décor styles – three sizes & three color options
- Simple to clean, feel soft and durable
- It does get warmer if left out in the sun for too long
If your wood deck is frequently exposed to sunlight, then this fade-resistant rug might be what you’re after. It is made completely of virgin polypropylene with UV coating.
The fabric, on the other hand, is very soft, easy to clean and feel sustainable. You can simply spray with some water for a quick clean then let it air dry.
The reversible construction allows it to be foldable so that when not in use, you can store it away conveniently. It even comes with a carrying bag, which is suitable for RV trips or an afternoon outing.
|SAND MINE Reversible Mats Specifications
5' x 8'
UV coated virgin polypropylene
three sizes & three color options
After extensive testing, the SAND MINE Reversible Mat is our proud recommendation for fade resistance.
Mildew Resistant: Ming's Mark RA7 Stylish Camping Reversible Classical Patio Mat
- Require little maintenance – mold- and mildew-resistant virgin polypropylene material
- Not take up much space for storage – foldable design & the weight of 7.8 pounds
- Easy to transport – include a carrying bag
- Some people might feel that it’s too lightweight for everyday outdoor use
- The edges are not completely flat
This outdoor rug requires very little maintenance because of its mold- and mildew-resistant virgin polypropylene material. All you need to do is sweep away dirt or spray some water.
It also dries out quickly, so you don’t have to wait too long or buy one more pack to use alternatively like other rugs.
One thing that we really like about this product is its compact and lightweight structure. Plus, it’s foldable for easy storage. The additional carrying bag really comes in handy as well.
|Ming's Mark RA7 Stylish Camping Reversible Classical Patio Mat Specifications
9' x 12'
mold- and mildew-resistant virgin polypropylene material
foldable design & the weight of 7.8 pounds
include a carrying bag
The Ming's Mark RA7 Stylish Camping Reversible Classical Patio Mat beats out the competition in mildew-resistance properties.
Most Durable: EEZ RV PRODUCTS 9x6b Reversible
- Exceptional sustainability and durability - tightly woven virgin polypropylene with UV-stabilizer coating
- Stay flatly on the floor – heat gun treated edges with nylon loops
- Various options to consider – two color choices & three sizes
- The beige is pinker
Compared to other counterparts at the same price point, this rug lasts the longest.
Don’t let its decent lightness fool you! Its tightly woven virgin polypropylene with UV-stabilizer coating can hold up well against various weather conditions as well as daily abuse.
All the four edges are heat gun treated and also sewn with nylon loops so that you can tie them down to the floor, keeping them flatly sit on your wood deck.
There are three size options and two color choices to consider.
|EEZ RV PRODUCTS 9x6b Reversible Specifications
9ft. x 6ft.
tightly woven virgin polypropylene with UV-stabilizer coating
heat gun treated edges with nylon loops
two color choices & three sizes
While the EEZ RV PRODUCTS 9x6b Reversible is a high-quality product, one of its most outstanding features is unbeatable durability
Easy To Clean: AdvenGO Reversi Mats
- Stain-resistant and easy to clean - waterproof and UV-treated polypropylene
- Versatile – able to be used on both sides
- Look beautiful - traditional Moroccan-inspired pattern
- Dependable – backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee
- The rug has some creased on the surface as it’s foldable
- Wish there were more size options
If your old rugs are prone to get stained but hard to clean, then this option is a wonderful replacement. By featuring waterproof properties and UV-treated coating, it is professionally crafted for all weather conditions.
Although it is pretty lightweight, the four corners are sewn with double-stitched loops to be easily staked into the floor, which enhances its windproof capabilities.
According to the manufacturer, its fabric is polypropylene, which is hard-wearing and durable. They even provide a 30-day money-back guarantee to prove their saying.
This rug, unlike many others, is ultra-thick for soft feeling underfoot, and you can use both of its sides – one displays a light beige traditional Moroccan-inspired pattern and one in the darker brown tone.
|AdvenGO Reversi Mats Specifications
9' x 12'
Not only the AdvenGO Reversi Mat is beautiful and quality but it’s also stain-resistant, making it very easy to clean
Quick-Drying: Gertmenian 21359
- Offer a mini tropical vacay and classic look - The chestnut-colored base, a timeless black outer frame, & Gertmenian (est. 1896) Tropical artwork
- Quick-drying and effortless to care - polypropylene material & easy-care technology
- Not heat resistant
This rug is a great choice to transform your wood deck into a mini tropical vacay. The chestnut-colored base and a timeless black outer frame combined with Gertmenian (est. 1896) Tropical artwork create a beautiful classic look.
It is measured by 8’ x 10’, which is perfect for medium-sized spaces.
But what impressed us the most was its quick-drying (within a couple of hours). The polypropylene material with easy-care technology is key for such incredible performance.
|Gertmenian 21359 Specifications
While most outdoor rugs take nearly a day to dry completely after cleaning, the Gertmenian 21359 only takes several hours. Yes, it’s the quickest-drying option in our list
Sophisticated Design: Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat
- Look vibrant and sophisticated – Turkish-inspired floral pattern & four color choices
- Superior durability and eco-friendly - tightly woven recycled polypropylene with UV-stabilizer coating
- Reliable - a 1-year color guarantee
- The edges curve a bit
Some homeowners extremely pay attention to the aesthetics of each item added to their house. If you’re in this group, then we highly recommend the Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat.
As its name implies, the mat is Turkish inspired with a vibrant, sophisticated floral pattern that will surely brighten up any wood deck. There are four beautiful colors to choose from.
Its durability is another worth-mentioning feature. Thanks to the tightly woven recycled polypropylene with polyester/nylon ribbon, it is strong and waterproof enough for everyday outdoor use.
The fabric is UV-stabilizer coated and your purchase will be under a 1-year color guarantee.
|Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat Specifications
"6-Feet by 9-Feet"
Turkish-inspired floral pattern & four color choices
tightly woven recycled polypropylene with UV-stabilizer coating
a 1-year color guarantee
Look no further than the Mad Mats Oriental Turkish Indoor/Outdoor Floor Mat if you’re looking for a sophisticated-looking outdoor rug for your wood deck
How To Choose The Best Outdoor Rug For Wood Decks & Patio?
When shopping for an outdoor rug, you need to first make up your mind about the material you want to use. There are various options available for you, divided into synthetic fibers and natural fibers.
Polypropylene is among the most popular choices among synthetic fibers. It does not absorb stains or liquid. It’s also resistant to mold, mildew, and UV. This material is easy to clean and not easy to fade.
Another synthetic fiber to consider is nylon, which is durable, stain-resistant, easy to clean, and colorfast. However, it can heat up if exposed to the sun and may build up static electricity.
Polyester offers several benefits, which include vivid colors, resistances to stains, and fading. But it can’t handle oil-based stains.
Acrylic is a synthetic fiber that looks similar to natural fibers, offering a soft feeling under the foot. It easily releases moisture and resists mildew and mold. It’s also stain-resistant.
When it comes to natural fibers, you can choose between sisal, bamboo, jute, hemp, and seagrass. These materials are all eco-friendly and sustainable. While these materials offer a luxurious and soft feel underfoot, they also dye well.
However, they fade more easily when exposed to the sun, are less durable, and absorb water more easily, making them more vulnerable to mildew and mold.
You have three options when it comes to rug construction.
- Flatweave: this includes cable-braided, flat-braided, kilim style, and corded-and-stitched rugs. They are made by weaving or knitting polypropylene yarns to create a textile that offers less cushion.
- Machine-made: rugs of this construction offer various colors and take less time to make. They also come in different designs.
- Hand-hooked: rugs made this way are the most expensive on the market because of their high-quality materials. They also offer the most design and color options.
Size and Shape
Outdoor rugs come in different shapes that you can choose based on your own preference and the space surrounding the rug. Rectangular or square rugs are the best for patio furniture. But there are also rugs in the round and oval shapes if you like other options.
In terms of size, the rug should be large enough to cover at least the front legs of larger furniture. The table should fit well on the rug with a lot of room left.
Care and Maintenance
Most outdoor rugs are easy to care for and maintain. All you have to do is vacuuming or shaking them out to remove dirt and debris.
Vacuuming is fine for rugs made with natural materials, but you should not use a brush roll and should always hang it out to dry if it gets saturated to prevent mold building.
Which Brands Make The Best Outdoor Rug For Wood Decks & Patio?
This is another reliable brand to buy rugs from. It offers rugs of high quality and cost-efficiency.
Founded in 1999, this company offers a wide range of products through its various brands. It has increased the diversity of its products to deliver the best user experience for everyone.
Does an outdoor rug ruin your deck?
No, it doesn’t. In fact, an outdoor rug helps guard against scratches and scuffs on wooden decks, stonework, and tiles.
Can you leave an outdoor rug out all year?
Yes, you can. Outdoor rugs are designed and made to withstand all types of weather and even extreme conditions, so you don’t have to worry.
How do you protect outdoor rugs?
If you want to protect your outdoor rugs, you should store them when you don’t use them. For example, if you don’t go outside in the winter, you can roll the rug up and put it way before the season comes.
How much does it cost to clean a 5x7 rug?
It may cost you from under $50 to over 200$.
Can you power wash an outdoor rug?
You can power wash your outdoor rug by laying it upside down and use the power hose.
We hope that through this post, you have got an idea of what an outdoor rug for decks and patio. There are several factors to take into account, but if you follow this guide closely, you will surely find the best outdoor rugs for wood decks and patio for your house.